*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Man of Honour
Fixed.
I copied the working folder called K Documentary, called it TV and moved the video files from my K TV into it - it worked!
I deleted the original folder and renamed the new TV to K TV - it worked.
I did this with the other 3 non working folders.

Obviously the Permissions for the Documentary folder must have been different than the other 3 but I went over every parameter several times side by side!
And like I said they worked on my other devices loaded with Kodi 16.

Not really fixed :(
Anything new I put in them doesn't work but works on all my other devices!

Soldato
I've recently moved from a Lubuntu build on my n54l to WS2016 to host my SQL DB and files.

It's really struggling playing any files, buffering a lot when it never used to. I've read this may be down to SMB shares, is it worth me using NFS instead?

I've tried playing with cache settings in advancedsettings but every now and then you just see the cache go from near 100% down to 0 in a matter of seconds.

This is happening on my laptop, and FireTv.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Soldato
Installed Hanewin, set up the NFS share as apparently built in Windows NFS is 4GB max.
5SRreci.jpg
This is the drive on the server when it buffers, still happening with Hanewin with the following advancedsettings:
buffermode:0
memorysize:536870912
readfactor: 20
Laptop I'm currently testing on has 8GB RAM.

maj

maj

Soldato
I've been having trouble with SMB too on both Kodi and SPMC and have everything hard wired. Only way I can get it to read shared folders on my network is to manually add a network location by IP address. Solid Explorer can connect via SMB no problem.

Soldato
Not sure if meets your needs but does me once set up.

http://www.therenamer.com/
Thanks, I actually bought filebot a while backk though.

I've been having trouble with SMB too on both Kodi and SPMC and have everything hard wired. Only way I can get it to read shared folders on my network is to manually add a network location by IP address. Solid Explorer can connect via SMB no problem.
You have to add by IP address in Kodi anyway eg. SMB://0.0.0.0/share

maj

maj

Soldato
Yeah but is that done automatically or manually? I thought in Kodi <16 and below you could browse for existing SMB shares without needing to input IP's etc manually. It only seems to be an issue since v17 came out, at least for me.

Soldato
Yeah but is that done automatically or manually? I thought in Kodi <16 and below you could browse for existing SMB shares without needing to input IP's etc manually. It only seems to be an issue since v17 came out, at least for me.
i could browse for nfs shares but couldn’t find my smb ones. I see what you mean. Don’t know why that is.

maj

maj

Soldato
Restarting router makes no difference for me. Not that it was suggested as the cause, but neither does having my VPN turned off.

Back
Top Bottom