*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
Going to ask in here rather than a new thread as its mostly Kodi related.

I have Rokus in the bedrooms for Amazon, Netflix, Plex and NowTV. However, the Roku won't run Kodi.

I have an Intel NUC not doing anything. Could I use that for the services and Kodi?

I'd also need it to run from a controller as it needs to be family friendly in how it behaves - it will replace the Sky box so used by all the family.

OR - bin the NUC idea altogether and have a Roku for the streaming services and a modded Firestick for Kodi.

Soldato
Just bought an Amazon Fire TV Stick and heard you can install Kodi on it if you want. Is this true and if so is it worth doing? It will mainly be used for streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime video maybe with some BBC iPlayer and things but I'd like to play around with streaming using Kodi as well.

Soldato
Hey, I'm having a weird issue with my Kodi and don't even know when it happened :/
In the top right hand corner I've got a red Speaker symbol with a cross next to it.
I'm not getting any sound, and as far as I can see it's all still setup right.

Does this symbol mean Kodi can't find an output? or have I pushed a mute somewhere?

Soldato
Yeah dead easy to do. There are loads of guides if you google it :)

Awesome. Thanks. I'll do some Googling when it arrives in the post today. Should solve my streaming problems. Using an Xbox One just for streaming seems a bit pointless and the new Fire stick lets you search with Alexa which sounds so much easier than having to type everything out.

Soldato
Hey, I'm having a weird issue with my Kodi and don't even know when it happened :/
In the top right hand corner I've got a red Speaker symbol with a cross next to it.
I'm not getting any sound, and as far as I can see it's all still setup right.

Does this symbol mean Kodi can't find an output? or have I pushed a mute somewhere?

You've muted it. Black glass nova skin has a mute button on the menu that should sort it. You can use a phone app and press up on the volume key on your phone to remove mute and might be able to use the web browser interface by typing the kodi unit ip address in the web bar then pressing + on the keyboard.

If you're able to use a keyboard on your kodi device simply press +

Soldato
Just bought an Amazon Fire TV Stick and heard you can install Kodi on it if you want. Is this true and if so is it worth doing? It will mainly be used for streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime video maybe with some BBC iPlayer and things but I'd like to play around with streaming using Kodi as well.

I bought one too and got Kodi set up fine but finding it a bit laggy which may be due to the size of my media folders. Wifi signal is strong and good but still laggy, might have to send it back and go for the fire tv instead so I have an ethernet connection.

maj

maj

Soldato
The 1GB of RAM could be a deciding factor too as well as it only supporting Wifi which you are aware of. If your media folders are movie rips it could struggle a bit.

Soldato
I bought one too and got Kodi set up fine but finding it a bit laggy which may be due to the size of my media folders. Wifi signal is strong and good but still laggy, might have to send it back and go for the fire tv instead so I have an ethernet connection.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'd be perfectly fine with it even if it could only play Netflix and Amazon Prime Video so I'm not too worried but Kodi would be a nice addition. I'm quite impressed with the stick so far especially as I got it for £30 on Prime Day. Much better than having to use my Xbox One for streaming.

Soldato
I'm looking for something with kodi on to replace my WDlive box, needs to be able to pass through HD audio tho.
any recommendations appreciated

Soldato
I'm having trouble liking to twonky media server on my wd my cloud if anyone can help. I did it with kodi but can't with spmc. I've done it of sorts but it's buffering with 8 gig files whereas kodi played a 24 gig with no issue

Back
Top Bottom