***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
I didn't get any load failures either once i was in the game. Granted i had a little trouble getting in at the start of the match, but once i was in, i loaded every map perfectly even without any wireframes.

Yeah i know, i'm good ;)

Soldato
No Mercy VS game tonight at 8PM~

hey guys, I am going to be organising a No Mercy game at around 8PM tonight. This will be the newest version 1.21 (changes visible here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15633150&postcount=3762). The upload links are not available yet! But as soon as they are I will post them.

To try to combat the issues with map changes we've been seeing the last few tries I am doing the following:

1) This is now hosted on my own server from INX Gaming - this is a vanilla config with only the addon tools + VPK added, no extra mods, plugins etc.
2) I propose to render 3, maybe 4 versions of the campaign for tonight. One which is incredibly basic with only BSP mode selected to normal, one with BSP mode selected to normal and VIS to fast, and lastly one with BSP to normal and RAD to fast. If it still gives us problems loading these I can safely rule them out from causing problems. Lastly of course is the one with the details turned on so we can play a proper game.
3) I am putting it together with the L4D2 VPK packer this time insteaod the one from L4D1

Soldato
What was with the bugs? Since i saw defibs on Insanity 3 and Ellusion said they'd been put back due to bugs on NM (on the bright side it got me Heartwarmer :D)

Soldato
Guys, is there any particular reason why all of the servers have a ping of about 200ms+

All i want to do is complete a chapter of two via coop and i cant because there is too much lag.

Soldato
Out of interest, how likely is it the 8v8 config will work on the NM map? I remember there been a few problems with custom campaigns and 8v8 in L4D so just wondering if its likely to be the same this time round too.

Soldato
No Mercy VS game - 04/01/2010 - 8PM!

Good game on No Mercy tonight guys, enjoyed it again despite a couple of people dropping on most maps :(

I'd like to try and organise another test for tomorrow evening, say 8PM again. I have a cunning plan! Basically I want to remove the map files from the VPK and try to add them to people's map folders directly, in this way hopefully it will stop the game crashing with VPK errors (my thinking is that the map files are quite large and may work better outside of the VPK itself).

So whoever is interested in playing tomorrow night please sign up here or catch me in Steam and i'll try to draw up a list beforehand. i'm not home till after 6:30 unfotunately so I might be a little later than 8PM at starting because i'll need to upload a new VPK to the server but it should only take 20-30 mins or so.

Soldato
Howdy strangers! Sky have told me my phone line will be active on the 15th of this month and I can then sort out ADSL. It's been annoying the 'heck' out of me not being able to use the internetz.

P.S miss you all.....apart from midnight ;)

Back
Top Bottom