***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Caporegime
Can't be bothered to wait anymore :/

Just dissapointed we don't get to play the demo when Valve announced we would be able to, ah well, no biggie.

Caporegime
Looks like the forum software hasn't adopted to the clock changes, last few posts say the 29th. :o

And typically just as i posted this it changes =/

Associate
This is straight from the L4D2 chat:

Quote:
mike (3): We're making progress and hope to have some news soon.
mike (3): We're still aiming at a release today.

Soldato
You gotta laugh. They playtest and bugfix the demo on release day lol. They've had how much time??

There are a lot of players waiting, staring at the screen, refreshing page, restarting steam. At the very worst, VALVe should have just said "delayed until further notice" and not keep adding 1 hour onto the anticipated release time. That's like teasing a dog with a battered covered mars bar when he's chained to a wall. They don't want to let players down by saying "delayed until further notice" but it ain't half as bad as adding an hour that never comes.

I maybe missing something here, but is there even an official announcement about this latest delay?

If you did something like this in a company, you would expect your P45 shortly after.

I'm can honestly say that i'm not angry at all about it though. I'm disappointed and I expected more, but i'm glad we are getting a demo at least and we all know it's going to run sweet on our rigs, so it ain't all that bad.

Last edited:
Associate
You gotta laugh. They playtest and bugfix the demo on release day lol. They've had how much time??

There are a lot of players waiting, staring at the screen, refreshing page, restarting steam. At the very worst, VALVe should have just said "delayed until further notice" and not keep adding 1 hour onto the anticipated release time. They don't want to let players down by saying "delayed until further notice" but it ain't half as bad as adding an hour that never comes.

I maybe missing something here, but is there even an official announcement about this latest delay?

To be fair, it's only for a demo available to pre-orders only :p

Yes, I have pre-ordered and have been waiting, but would prob prefer not to play, than play something with a serious bug issue (which it must to delay like this) and rage at it :)

Valve are one of the few developers I trust these days, so I'm sure they are doing the right thing :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I just don't see how they can give a definitive time and go completely backwards on it at the last minuite then give a new time and go back on that... again.

It's ready when it's ready I can live with, but giving out times and then gong back on them is rather irritating and poor communication.

Back
Top Bottom