Official Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nice.

Got SFV, MKX and DOA5 installed on steam, waiting on Tekken 7 - this will likely be a nice addition. Just need Soul Calibur on PC and I am sorted :D

Associate
Not gonna lie.. the fact that so many moves and straight up animations were taken from MvC3 does kinda bum me out a bit.

Like Ryu's cr.mk in V doesn't look anything like his move in IV... but here it's pretty shameless

Soldato
The Marvel fan in me really wants this game. The other half is telling me I'll be a disaster because I've never really played or understood fighting games before.

Is one of them gaming fighting sticks needed to really play good at the game? I don't have one but I do have the option for KB or PS4 controller.

Also it's a bit of a beefy DL :eek:

Soldato
Fighting sticks make these games really good fun. Games like tekken and MK tend to favour the pad for more amateur players but games like Street fighter have more qtr circle movements etc which favour the sticks. I'll be buying this game for my stick.

There is a hell of a lot of depth to fighting games. I wasn't aware of how much until recently.

Soldato
OP
retty shameless
Picked this up for around £19 from CDKeys, pre-loading now on Steam :D

55GB :eek::D

Let me know what you think of the game I really want it but a little unsure marvel vs capcom 3 was my favorite fighting game of all time.

I'm right now downloading the free trial for gears 4 125GB games are so big now.

The Marvel fan in me really wants this game. The other half is telling me I'll be a disaster because I've never really played or understood fighting games before.

Is one of them gaming fighting sticks needed to really play good at the game? I don't have one but I do have the option for KB or PS4 controller.

Also it's a bit of a beefy DL :eek:

I use a fight stick I find they suit me better and they make the games more fun for me but now days they are no better than a pad, take the marvel 3 curly finals this weekend and evo finals earlier this year the grand finals match criss g vs ryan lv one on pad one on stick. Years ago games were very strict on the inputs and the stick was by far the best option but then street fighter 4 came out in 09 and was very forgiving on inputs so pad became just as good.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Let me know what you think of the game I really want it but a little unsure marvel vs capcom 3 was my favorite fighting game of all time.

I'm right now downloading the free trial for gears 4 125GB games are so big now.
Will do. In the mean time if you (or a mod) could update the thread title to something like:

** Official Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Thread **

Would be much appreciated :)

Soldato
Decided to just pre-purchase the Deluxe from GMG. Will leave to DL overnight as it will probably take a while but can't wait to see how bad I am at fighting games :D.

I'll try work with the PS4 controller for now but may eventually buy a fight stick. Any recommendations for when I do buy a fight stick?

Soldato
Depends on your budget. The venom PS3/4 stick is a good starter. I modded mine with sanwa stick and buttons and I love it. I've also got a razer atrox which is lovely too.

Stick vs pad is a tricky one because pads are being used at many tournaments now but stick still wins in Japan and if you wanna be the best in the world then Japan is probably the place to shine.

Sticks button presses are so much nicer than a pads. But a pad can be better for movement due to barely needing to move to input a movement (dpad vs stick).

Soldato
OP
Decided to just pre-purchase the Deluxe from GMG. Will leave to DL overnight as it will probably take a while but can't wait to see how bad I am at fighting games :D.

I'll try work with the PS4 controller for now but may eventually buy a fight stick. Any recommendations for when I do buy a fight stick?

Yeah I would do what hedge says and just get a cheap stick first then if you get into it you can just upgrade the buttons and stick with the sanwa parts off ebay it's around £30 for the 8 buttons and stick and makes your stick pretty much as good as any other.

I don't know what sticks are around now though I only have madcatz ones and they are out of business now. Just make sure the stick you get is compatible with the sanwa parts so you have upgrade path.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I had the Venom stick (was planing to upgrade it to sanwa parts), it is good but found I enjoy playing with a controller more in the end so I sold it.

Soldato
Thanks everyone, I'll see how things progress. Any tips for a complete newb to these types of games?

Button bashing might work on easy mode initially but you will soon realise that there are particular mechanics involved in these games that require learning.

Everyone loves to try the old jump kick into sweep kinda move but against anyone remotely competent that kinda thing leaves you open to punishment. Blocking attacks is as important as landing attacks.

Different games have different styles. Tekken 7 has taken most of my attention lately but it's very difficult to master. (I'm terrible at it). It's a very good game to play with a pad. It uses only 4 buttons and is quick to pick up and play.

Skullgirls is the other game I've been trying lately. The tutorial on that game is so comprehensive. It basically shows you every single thing. Trying to complete the lessons is a real challenge. I'm stuck on it but enjoy the challenge. Skullgirls can be had very cheap and it's a great game to give you a taste of fighting games.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Button bashing might work on easy mode initially but you will soon realise that there are particular mechanics involved in these games that require learning.
I was obviously joking. I never button smash, that is more my brother. Lol. As you say that may work a bit at the start but then you will forever be stuck playing like a noob.

Personally I just go learn the characters main moves and try and time and use those. What I do not do is learn combos, they take too long for me to learn and I do not have the patience for that in fighting games as I do not play them competitively. Never liked combos anyway.

Back
Top Bottom