Official Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Thread

Soldato
I was obviously joking. I never button smash, that is more my brother. Lol. As you say that may work a bit at the start but then you will forever be stuck playing like a noob.

Personally I just go learn the characters main moves and try and time and use those. What I do not do is learn combos, they take too long for me to learn and I do not have the patience for that in fighting games as I do not play them competitively. Never liked combos anyway.

I like the combo tutorials on Skullgirls because they are setup like an achievement. Once I'm in the game I tend to forget half of it or rarely get chance to execute it but it's a fun thing to play about with.

Like you say practice timing too. Timing is very important, knowing when to block and counter etc. I'm not good at fighting games myself but I only started about 3 weeks ago and I enjoy them. So I'm learning too.

Subscribe to "avoiding the puddle" on YouTube. It's mostly tekken 7 but Aris who runs the channel is great to listen to.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I like the combo tutorials on Skullgirls because they are setup like an achievement. Once I'm in the game I tend to forget half of it or rarely get chance to execute it but it's a fun thing to play about with.

Like you say practice timing too. Timing is very important, knowing when to block and counter etc. I'm not good at fighting games myself but I only started about 3 weeks ago and I enjoy them. So I'm learning too.

Subscribe to "avoiding the puddle" on YouTube. It's mostly tekken 7 but Aris who runs the channel is great to listen to.

I have always liked fighting games since Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat on the SNES back in the day. But never been very good at them, not total noob, just normal. I tend to learn how to play all the characters to a decent level rather than stick to and master one.

Soldato
Skullgirls is the other game I've been trying lately. The tutorial on that game is so comprehensive. It basically shows you every single thing. Trying to complete the lessons is a real challenge. I'm stuck on it but enjoy the challenge. Skullgirls can be had very cheap and it's a great game to give you a taste of fighting games.

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently on sale on Humble, so going to pick this up.

Doesn't look like the Marvel game is going to unlock until 6PM. No definite confirmation from anywhere though.

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestion. Currently on sale on Humble, so going to pick this up.

Doesn't look like the Marvel game is going to unlock until 6PM. No definite confirmation from anywhere though.

Skullgirls is one of the best fighting games available too. I wouldn't mind playing some fighting games when I'm back from holiday so we could make a steam group and all look bad together lol

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Skuk

Skullgirls is one of the best fighting games available too. I wouldn't mind playing some fighting games when I'm back from holiday so we could make a steam group and all look bad together lol

I have skull girls and always thought it a great game with great netcode but could never find anyone to play it with there not many people play it.

Soldato
OP
Picked this up for around £19 from CDKeys, pre-loading now on Steam :D

55GB :eek::D

Well just ordered mine now thanks for tip.

I was a bit unsure about ordering after how street fighter 5 turned out but seeing a stream online last night it looks like a proper marvel game and I loved mvc3.

Should be fun just got to do my 3 hour download. When does this game start 6pm?

Soldato
OP
I'll try and get online next week for a blast if youre about.

Yeah I got a couple of weeks off work so can play whenever. I don't know the characters very well though I only had a few hours on the game.

My gamertag on steam is ginnnny

Soldato
Yeah I got a couple of weeks off work so can play whenever. I don't know the characters very well though I only had a few hours on the game.

My gamertag on steam is ginnnny

Yeah I've only played a couple of hours. Mainly just got as far as I could with the tutorial and then had a couple of arcade blasts. Only used a handful of heroes.

Will add you on weekend. And anyone else who wants a game.

Last edited:
Soldato
So just started Skullgirls and man I'm bad. The tutorial can be a challenge but I think my biggest issue is the way the buttons are presented. Can be a little confusing knowing which coloured buttons on screen matches the controller buttons.

I played the CPU and on sleepwalk I won easily but then I barely just won on Easy :eek:. I was confused by moves so just ended practicing my blocking and button smashing.

Soldato
OP
Yeah plays perfect on my 280x max settings 1080p.

So far enjoying the story mode, I had read bad things about it but it's 1000x better than sf5's.

The control layout seems completely wrong if your playing on stick (well for my madcatz xbox stick anyway). To do a basic combo on marvel infinite it's light punch, light kick, hard kick, down hard punch so I have switched it to a,x,y,b so I can just dial it in like on mvc3. Also switched lb,rt around so I don't need to use the end 2 buttons on my stick.

Back
Top Bottom