**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Agree it craps all over xplane and p3d, The roads are accurate, the buildings and elevation not much so, there's a road up a big hill near my house that in-game looks slightly elevated beyond flat

I have a 6 core 12 thread CPU and the game runs fine so not sure what that is about? Certainly doesn't max my 5820k, hits the gfx card far harder! Ram usage for me is about 12-14GB on top of my normal system usage of around 12GB, so goes upto 2XGB when in-game, should defo be alright on 16GB with less stuff running in the background. And yeah the game will shine with a 2080ti or better, it'll defo push me to buy the next series of cards when released, though my 2070 Super does ok when game maxxed, dial back a bit and performance is awesome.

I'd pay £40 for it as is, and with the missions added, more planes and if they do open up to modding etc it'll be a 10/10 simulator.

Max graphics and watch CPU usage, it will happily hit 100% on all cores and threads. I've seen over 20gb of usage as well on mine.

Soldato
Max graphics and watch CPU usage, it will happily hit 100% on all cores and threads. I've seen over 20gb of usage as well on mine.
nope, I run with max gfx and take the slight performance hit which is evident at times, run msi afterburner and monitor everything, cpu usage is in around 46%, before launch of fs2020 I'm using 16GB of memory, fs2020 up's that to 29GB when in-game, so it's only using 13GB. I have 64GB so no biggy lol

Soldato
I can grab a screenshot later with a 2600 at 100% during gameplay. Need a 8 core CPU for this game and high settings.
ZzlKmj4.jpg

Well here's my 6 core 12 thread in-game after 5 mins O_o

edit: as expected really at 1440p max gfx, it hits the gfx hard and not the cpu, it would be weird if it was the opposite way round

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So as we have a while before its released proper, now is probably a good time to start thinking about which control system to buy. Any recommendations, I'm not looking to buy the cheapest flight controls but equally I'm not looking to go splashing ludicrous money either.

Caporegime
So as we have a while before its released proper, now is probably a good time to start thinking about which control system to buy. Any recommendations, I'm not looking to buy the cheapest flight controls but equally I'm not looking to go splashing ludicrous money either.
That's a good shout, as prices are bound to skyrocket with demand when it's released.

I was eyeing up the £95 Logitech yoke job on Amazon earlier.

Man of Honour
Isn't that supposed to have bad dead zones unless you mod it? Been looking for a yoke myself, have a set of CH pedals and X55 HOTAS for now.

The reviews I've read seem to suggest its a much better yoke for larger aircraft than smaller ones, which would suit me as its the larger aircraft that I'd be interested in

Soldato
The reviews I've read seem to suggest its a much better yoke for larger aircraft than smaller ones, which would suit me as its the larger aircraft that I'd be interested in

There seems to be a way to mod it and TBF nowt else in that price bracket. Was looking at the Honeycomb one on Amazon but over twice as much :eek:

Soldato
Don't think they picked up alphas on piloting skills, just comps and internet speeds to test the performance and world streaming

Man of Honour
Bonkers cockpit graphics in that video, so realistic looking its hard to tell that you arent looking at a stream of an actual real life cockpit.

Soldato
ZzlKmj4.jpg

Well here's my 6 core 12 thread in-game after 5 mins O_o

edit: as expected really at 1440p max gfx, it hits the gfx hard and not the cpu, it would be weird if it was the opposite way round

Hey bud, Got it finally.

2080 super, 2600 ryzen on this system. Running nothing else but FS2020. Vram is hitting its limits and CPU usage peaks 99% when you look around.

Gonna be a long alpha for us

57e94b092a7da18896c2ef1db3105278a34f59f6.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom