**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Hey bud, Got it finally.

2080 super, 2600 ryzen on this system. Running nothing else but FS2020. Vram is hitting its limits and CPU usage peaks 99% when you look around.

Gl1lgGf.jpg
Here's mine with only 4 cores 0 threads set on FS, though others are somewhat active with whatever in background

Dunno why you are getting low performance, or me high perf lol

Caporegime
Hey bud, Got it finally.

2080 super, 2600 ryzen on this system. Running nothing else but FS2020. Vram is hitting its limits and CPU usage peaks 99% when you look around.

Gonna be a long alpha for us

57e94b092a7da18896c2ef1db3105278a34f59f6.png
WTF, 9fps!

Is it like that all the time?

Associate
I remember the early days of FSX where 9fps was a luxury! The main reason I want high fps in my civilian flight sim is to support VR, otherwise a steady 30 is fine. No need for 100+ fps, just give me more reality/immersion in those CPU cycles.

Caporegime
Deffo gonna need to grab another 16GB of RAM for this game.

one thing I don’t get about Techen’s screenie, is that he’s getting 9fps, but his GPU is only 56% utilisation.

Does this mean the game could be extremely CPU dependent? Or could it be poor optimisation at the current stage of development?

Associate
I see with yesterday's update another wave of alpha invites is going out, sitting here expecting another week of disappointment :'(

Associate
Indeed yes. I'd imagine it's being primarily coded to make use of the new hardware though. Then cut back to run on lesser hardware. Really hope I get in on the alpha though.

I'm not too sure otherwise surely they would mention the Xbox Series X. The game has been in development for 5 years I believe. My opinion is they will make it for the Xbox One then scale it up just like GTA 5 was made for the 360 and PS3 then scaled up to the PS4 and Xbox One. Could be totally wrong though but with the limited information we have it seems the case.

I hope they have a alpha/beta for the Xbox version. I have the One X and hopefully it runs good on that though depending on how better it is on the Series X I'm willing to upgrade to that just for this game.

Back
Top Bottom