**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
I'm really going to struggle when the 380 and the 777 is out. I love both! I like the 74 but the Salty one just doesn't cut it and I don't think at least until PMDG hit it I will look at flying them! However, the FBW has fallen victim to the Fenix now for me, much prefer the IAE variant they've done.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Would anyone recommend this for someone who isn't really a fan of the genre, to get some pre-practice in for a flying lesson? Got a gift to redeem in a 172SH this summer, and given this is on discount it got me thinking to try before I fly

Associate
If you're only to have one trial flight / lesson I wouldn't bother but if you were thinking of doing a PPL then it could become very useful, especially when used in conjunction with something like VATSIM.

Reactions: D3K
Soldato
any idea when that 380 will be out, its my dream aircraft and would likely get me back to MSFS.
There has been a lot of rumours flying about, but, this is the most complete we've seen and even when it is released, they have said that it will still be under continual update, much like the A20NX..

Some are speculating only a month or two now, there's definitely still a few bits missing as you can see on the PFD/MFD but I don't think it will be too long.

Associate
There has been a lot of rumours flying about, but, this is the most complete we've seen and even when it is released, they have said that it will still be under continual update, much like the A20NX..

Some are speculating only a month or two now, there's definitely still a few bits missing as you can see on the PFD/MFD but I don't think it will be too long.

It would be amazing if it comes out this year, really can't wait!

Soldato
Would anyone recommend this for someone who isn't really a fan of the genre, to get some pre-practice in for a flying lesson? Got a gift to redeem in a 172SH this summer, and given this is on discount it got me thinking to try before I fly
Absolutely! With the only qualifier that you'd want to get yourself a set of pedals and a hotas (joystick or yoke and a throttle). The basic motor skills and coordination match really well with real life flying, and even your single session will be much more memorable and enjoyable if you come into it with some basic skills and knowledge under your belt. Go for it!:)

Back
Top Bottom