**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

I'm really going to struggle when the 380 and the 777 is out. I love both! I like the 74 but the Salty one just doesn't cut it and I don't think at least until PMDG hit it I will look at flying them! However, the FBW has fallen victim to the Fenix now for me, much prefer the IAE variant they've done.

Would anyone recommend this for someone who isn't really a fan of the genre, to get some pre-practice in for a flying lesson? Got a gift to redeem in a 172SH this summer, and given this is on discount it got me thinking to try before I fly

If you're only to have one trial flight / lesson I wouldn't bother but if you were thinking of doing a PPL then it could become very useful, especially when used in conjunction with something like VATSIM.

Reactions: D3K
any idea when that 380 will be out, its my dream aircraft and would likely get me back to MSFS.
There has been a lot of rumours flying about, but, this is the most complete we've seen and even when it is released, they have said that it will still be under continual update, much like the A20NX..

Some are speculating only a month or two now, there's definitely still a few bits missing as you can see on the PFD/MFD but I don't think it will be too long.

There has been a lot of rumours flying about, but, this is the most complete we've seen and even when it is released, they have said that it will still be under continual update, much like the A20NX..

Some are speculating only a month or two now, there's definitely still a few bits missing as you can see on the PFD/MFD but I don't think it will be too long.

It would be amazing if it comes out this year, really can't wait!

Would anyone recommend this for someone who isn't really a fan of the genre, to get some pre-practice in for a flying lesson? Got a gift to redeem in a 172SH this summer, and given this is on discount it got me thinking to try before I fly
Absolutely! With the only qualifier that you'd want to get yourself a set of pedals and a hotas (joystick or yoke and a throttle). The basic motor skills and coordination match really well with real life flying, and even your single session will be much more memorable and enjoyable if you come into it with some basic skills and knowledge under your belt. Go for it!:)

By gawd this game is a beast to install. To install the Standard edition, it's dawned on me it's going to take ages!

Crickey, it takes me back to the nineties and leaving the PC on overnight and then some! :eek:

Strange as I have this on Xbox One and don't remember it taking hours!

I had to download it and reinstall it plus all the world updates/addons etc a few weeks ago after i built a new PC system

Took ages to do on my 40mb line :cry:
(i actually have and pay for a 60mb line but i only get 43mb download speeds) :mad:

Last edited:
Main thing I find is make sure your Community\content folder is outside your main install, that way you can re-download the game but most of the DLC etc doesn't need to be re-downloaded. I have a massive love\hate with this game, if it works it glorious but there are times when it crashes or you have to update and then update in game means I have setup to play then can't be bothered waiting.

But I'll still have another flight tomorrow probably :)

Last edited:
You can copy out the main game too, to a backup drive.

Then when you start to download the game, let it get to 1%, stop it, go copy your backup into the folder and load game again.

I'm on a slow line too, took 4 days to get it first time around and it didn't work.

Never want to go through that again!

I've just picked this up and enjoying flying around my local area. One thing I've noticed in the default Cessna, it's always pulling to the left so I've having to keep my hand on the joystick to correct this. Is this how the Cessna flies or have a got a dodgy joystick?

It's supposed to do that. Although it can be argued that the effect is too pronounced.

The plane should react depending on how propeller rotates: clockwise or counterclockwise. Traditionally in US in to the left due to clockwise rotating prop as it seen from the cockpit.

Rudder trim!

By default I believe they are bound to ...

Ctrl + 0 (zero on the number-pad) for rudder trim left, and..
Ctrl + Enter for rudder trim right.

You can, of course, rebind them to whatever key combination or control that you prefer.

Well i use to trim in old game il2 when flying the propeller planes, like spitfires and the bf109, not tried ms flight sim yet myself, try googling as im not sure in this game, there are different trims, or just use the right rudder to counteract.

I've just picked this up and enjoying flying around my local area. One thing I've noticed in the default Cessna, it's always pulling to the left so I've having to keep my hand on the joystick to correct this. Is this how the Cessna flies or have a got a dodgy joystick?

In previous updates I always felt the turbulance was to exageratied but it might be fixed now, I used to just delete the wind layer in the weather settings and that helped a lot.
If you think you may have an issue with the joystick, this site might help - https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom