**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Any idea why my builds and some trees look like they are melting? I have the world updates installed. Could it be due to hardware settings? or something to do with the streaming the data.

It's probably the photogrammetric scenery, don't think there is much you can do about it without disabling the feature. Then you have generic buildings and, if you know somewhere well, it looks rubbish in a different way.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

For a few weeks, I’ve been flying the default A320neo with no major issues. My flying isn't perfect, but I’ve been getting the hang of it.

Last night, I ran into a problem where the A320 simply wouldn’t follow the flight plan. I thought it might be a glitch with my PC because during the checklist evaluation to start the engines, it kept getting stuck. However, the same issue happened again this morning. The checklist completed fine, but the autopilot wasn’t following the route.

Ironically, in the first clip of my video, the plane behaves as it should and starts following the route. In the next two clips, it doesn't.

In the second clip your AP goes off and you stop follwing the route, when you turn it back on the aircraft returns to course. In the third clip AP stays on but you havnbot moved the throttles back to CLB as is being suggested in you display. I don;t understand why that would have issues with your flightplan though.
I've not used he default A320 since the free FBW version came out as it allows you to do so much more and is much more reliable.
I would stongly suggest getting this https://flybywiresim.com/ it's free and the support on disccord is brilliant for new flyers as there are lots of helpful tutorials.

In the second clip your AP goes off and you stop follwing the route, when you turn it back on the aircraft returns to course. In the third clip AP stays on but you havnbot moved the throttles back to CLB as is being suggested in you display. I don;t understand why that would have issues with your flightplan though.
I've not used he default A320 since the free FBW version came out as it allows you to do so much more and is much more reliable.
I would stongly suggest getting this https://flybywiresim.com/ it's free and the support on disccord is brilliant for new flyers as there are lots of helpful tutorials.

I'll give FBW a go over the weekend. Will it load the flight map I create on the initial loading screen automatically or will I have to program the FMS (haven't figured out the FMS yet or how to program them)?

I'll give FBW a go over the weekend. Will it load the flight map I create on the initial loading screen automatically or will I have to program the FMS (haven't figured out the FMS yet or how to program them)?
TBH I can't remember if it will load up the the plan as I normaly start from gate cold and dark, I also use simbrief for my flight plans. probably a bit too advanced if you're just starting out. There are lots' of youtube videos wheich will help including this one https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6zBzRRsfGL_tV-lb95OLQkc3UMC8LhsI which will even help with the installation and setup..
Remember....take your time, get used to doing small segments at a time, don't let it get the better of you, and nobody dies in Flight sim so crashes are just a way of learning what you did wrong.

Back
Top Bottom