**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Is there an awful lot of content in purchasing mods for this game? Thinking specifically the PDMG 737-800....if the new version is coming out soon?

I am guessing that any PDMG 737 will be at least a year after release of FS24? So maybe it is worth it?

From memory I don’t think you need to switch the CDI from Nav mode to ILS. You just stay on NAV mode until you enable APP mode. It’s been a while since I flew it though, mostly use the black square analog caravan now rather than the default one.

Try the Cessna 172 which has the same autopilot system (I think) and see if you have the same issue in that.

I tried it in the Cessna 172 and it seems to work fine. I've got a feeling its a bug in the caravan.

Is there an awful lot of content in purchasing mods for this game? Thinking specifically the PDMG 737-800....if the new version is coming out soon?

I am guessing that any PDMG 737 will be at least a year after release of FS24? So maybe it is worth it?

Most 3rd party mods are expected to be fully compatible with MSFS 2024; it will be down to the developers I guess if they want to charge again but the indications are that PMDG won't

Is anyone else looking forward to the Just Flight Avro RJ series?, I love my BAe 146 but it would be nice to have a more modern avionics for VATSIM use. I heard that owners of the BAe will also get a discount on the RJ!.

London City ops anyone on release day?

Did my first PMDG 737-800 flight last night (having used the zibo mod in X Plane for a long time) but still struggling with the controls assignments. Struggling to assign a switch to toggle the reversers on my Warthog and also struggling to get the speedbreaks to arm prior to landing. I've tried moving it with the mouse to the armed position (tricky at best) but it never seems to work.

Anyone got some nuggets of wisdom here please?

Is anyone else looking forward to the Just Flight Avro RJ series?, I love my BAe 146 but it would be nice to have a more modern avionics for VATSIM use. I heard that owners of the BAe will also get a discount on the RJ!.

London City ops anyone on release day?

Looking forward to the Fokker 70/100 more but I'll get the RJ once it's out.
I've been buzzing around in the F28 a bit lately but like you, I want slightly more up to date avionics.

has anyone created a list of What mods are the best for Realism / Looks in the game am only around 100 - 200 hours flight time now but i am really getting in to the game , next upgrade will be a new Flight Stick and Hotas

Would love to get back into FS so I'm looking forward to the release of MSFS24. Can anyone recommend a decent mid-priced joystick & throttle for this?

I have the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus stick and throttle (with the spoiler and flap add ons), and also the Boeing throttle. There is also a Boeing yoke available. I want to get some rudder pedals next as I am using the twist function on the stick for rudder at the moment.

I would say the TCA sets are decent mid-priced options, and are popular.

However, if you are willing to spend more, I would also look at the Honeycomb yoke and Bravo throttle quadrant. I have not used these myself, however I am considering them. My only concern with the yoke and this larger throttle is that I need my desk at other times, so will need to fit/remove them every time I flight sim. At the moment I can easily just move the stick and throttle to the back of my desk when not in use.

You have picked a great time to get back into flight simulation.. enjoy!!!

Last edited:

I am keeping an eye on this. I didn't purchase the 146. However, the RJ would be nice for ops out of EGLC and other interesting aerodromes.

I recently purchased the TFDi MD-11 and have been thoroughly enjoying flying it, it has so much character and can be challenging to land (in a very good way).

Last edited:
However, if you are willing to spend more, I would also look at the Honeycomb yoke and Bravo throttle quadrant. I have not used these myself, however I am considering them. My only concern with the yoke and this larger throttle is that I need my desk at other times, so will need to fit/remove them every time I flight sim. At the moment I can easily just move the stick and throttle to the back of my desk when not in use.

I mounted mine on a piece of ply wood and then use ratchet bar clamps to mount it to the table. It's on and off within a minute.

Pulled the trigger on current version at £30. Me and my son will enjoy playing it, likely I wont have the PC to run 2024 :)

Any mid-level joystick recommendations out there? Not after anything too fancy, will look through MM also :) My old school Freedom 2.4 seems crazy sensitive and the batteries keep falling out :D

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on current version at £30. Me and my son will enjoy playing it, likely I wont have the PC to run 2024 :)

Any mid-level joystick recommendations out there? Not after anything too fancy, will look through MM also :) My old school Freedom 2.4 seems crazy sensitive and the batteries keep falling out :D
No tried it myself but the Winwing URSA MINOR Airline Joystick or URSA MINOR Fighter Joystick, look good for the price.

Back
Top Bottom