**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
For our expert simmers out there... I noticed some planes use a joystick, others a yoke.

So when you you want to fly a plane with a yoke, do you switch from a joystick to yoke and vice versa?
Or do you just use whatever you have at hand?

Just use whatever you have regardless of the aircraft unless you're really hardcore and can afford to have both. I prefer a joystick (original T16000m) and I have the TWCS throttle too.

I did wonder whether I could somehow to get my Logitech Driving Force GT pedals working for the rudder also. Never tried that in FSX.

Soldato
I had the Acorn Archimedes! Brings back lovely memories. :cool:

It was an amazing machine for it's time. Did my final year uni project on it. Coded speech recognition involving machine coding fft routines. A delight to use in every way...

Still remember the flight sim on the BBC model b. Wire frame River with a bridge you could fly under!

Soldato

It seems as though PMDG are talking to Navigraph who will incorporate the charts into the planes I guess. Similar to avitab on the zibo mod for example. I think! There was a lot of technical gobbledegook! I'm still not sure whether a Navigraph subscription is useful or not!

Somebody help me out here, I've just had a double Bulleit and Coke and can't concentrate anymore!

Last edited:
Associate

It seems as though PMDG are talking to Navigraph who will incorporate the charts into the planes I guess. Similar to avitab on the zibo mod for example. I think! There was a lot of technical gobbledegook! I'm still not sure whether a Navigraph subscription is useful or not!

Somebody help me out here, I've just had a double Bulleit and Coke and can't concentrate anymore!

I've just asked exactly the same question as you else where. Even after watching that I'm none the wiser if having Navigraph sub actually has any advantage over the new default MS system which will be auto updated. Lot's of blah blah blad in that video

Soldato
I just subscribe once every so often to get a quick update then cancel.

For me, it seems as though you can just use the Navblue data that will be updated by MS regularly (I think), though I'm not sure charts will be a feature at launch and may be sold separately on the market. If that is the case, and the price is reasonable, I don't see a need for Navigraph.

The only other point of concern, is that if PMDG only solely allow for Navigraph data on their planes - in terms of what nav data they might use on the tablet in the cockpit. Hopefully there isn't some awkward restriction that means it won't integrate with the navblue data, though I'd be surprised if that were the case.

Soldato
Indeed, though Chewwy94 has been reporting some fairly low frames with a 9900k and a 2080ti on medium to high settings. I think he needs to tweak his setup a bit, but seemed a little contrary to the performance I've seen in other vids. He is playing at 4k though, I'll be at 2k.

Soldato
Indeed, though Chewwy94 has been reporting some fairly low frames with a 9900k and a 2080ti on medium to high settings. I think he needs to tweak his setup a bit, but seemed a little contrary to the performance I've seen in other vids. He is playing at 4k though, I'll be at 2k.

I have butter smooth performance, gtx1080 at 1440p high settings.

Back
Top Bottom