**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Also, there is a script to reduce the refresh rates in the display screens in the cockpits rather than forcing the sim to update to 60 fps to match your fps for example. It scales the refresh for the screens to like a quarter of your fps and so your computer has much fewer calculations to do. Just bang it into your community folder. Significant fps gains in cockpit view.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tfpdyp608jqmma1/file

Er, I can't seem to access the install folder. Mine is locked and impossible it would appear, to unlock.

Associate
Thrustmaster hotas 4 purchased yesterday and 5 long hours of downloading and all is good! Had a good flight from Exeter over Dartmoor and around the coast and what can I say... love it!!! Doubt my missus will though..

*edit* one thing that’s annoying though - how do you set weather to be “local” as default? Seems to default to clear skies for me
Might be a bit behind in my post. But reading a lot of people suggesting live weather is hit or miss. They have not listed it as a patch fix (along with auto pilot) which is a shame. Some people have suggested starting as admin helps chances of seeing real time weather.

Associate
Does he? Surprising - he always comes across like he's just read stuff on Wikipedia, dunno why. GripperSim is an instructor IIRC, and has a great sense of humour.
His flight from Southend to London City was quite good as it made ref to a route he was from experience familiar with. I think flightdec2sim is really good. A real commercial (UK based) pilot.

Man of Honour
Weirdly the ground level scenery i.e. when taxing in this game reminds me of Operation Flashpoint - just something about the colours, texture detail and style and tree implementation.

Soldato
Got CH Flightstick Pro and Pro Throttle today, all setup fine. Experimented with removing my bluetooth dongle and switching to a wired keyboard....no more CTDs! I've been flying for a few hours now, uninterrupted.

Currently cruising over McMurdo sound in the Antarctic in a King Air. It's absolutely breathtaking....I'm going to end up spending some serious wedge on a new PC once the VR update drops.

My parents were both PPLs and I flew most weekends when I was younger. This is the first sim I've tried that captures the feeling of being up there.

S6GbC4y.png

Man of Honour
Might be a bit behind in my post. But reading a lot of people suggesting live weather is hit or miss. They have not listed it as a patch fix (along with auto pilot) which is a shame. Some people have suggested starting as admin helps chances of seeing real time weather.

I've not got the game yet but I was reading that the weather data provider has confirmed they're sending it OK but there appears to be an issue where the game isn't taking it at times which seems a bit strange!

Back
Top Bottom