**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Surprised no one has mentioned it but the Japan world update arrived today along with the patch, you need to 'buy' it in the marketplace :)

Soldato
Loving the latest patch. My system was incredibly unstable in FS2020 and I had to underclock my 1650 Super slightly to avoid crashes. Even then, the fan on the 1650 would spend most of the time screaming like a banshee. Now, I've got it back to it's normal clocks and the fan doesn't even seem to go above regular idle speed!

Associate
I still have to use netlimiter set to 500kb/s to download anything using the game client. Otherwise it just loops and won’t download. That includes any store bought dlc as well as the updates

Associate
Patch has fixed the 787 flight plan not loading into the computer :)

Side note, anyone know how to fix the transponder not working?

I get calls from the ATC but no idea how to fix it...

EDIT: Spoke too soon, had my first CTD and now the flight plan doesn't load anymore and autopilot not letting me select LNAV, back to where it was pre patch :(

Last edited:
Soldato
had a few flights today in the 747. That thing is seriously broken. I was coming in on ILS approach and suddenly it decided to set airspeed to 250kts when I was at 1000 feet full flaps! Also the airspeed setting wouldn't change from mach to kts. All sorts of other weird stuff. Buggy as balls. A320 is in much better shape.

Sometimes this game is just stunning, when it's not ******* me off :p

zbrtGBD.png

Soldato
Performance is noticeably worse for me in the latest patch. 2080 super with 9900k at 1440p high settings. Lots of stuttering and overall low fps. Cockpit seems worse than exterior views from what i can tell.

Soldato
had a few flights today in the 747. That thing is seriously broken. I was coming in on ILS approach and suddenly it decided to set airspeed to 250kts when I was at 1000 feet full flaps! Also the airspeed setting wouldn't change from mach to kts. All sorts of other weird stuff. Buggy as balls. A320 is in much better shape.

Sometimes this game is just stunning, when it's not ******* me off :p

I'm not so interested in the 747 and A320 anyway, but I haven't touched them at all in FS2020. I've spent so much time flying the 737NGX and Zibo that I have no interest in flying a stock plane, especially one that's broken. For the first time I have really enjoyed fling GA though, especially in IFR which is now so much more possible.

Soldato
I'm not so interested in the 747 and A320 anyway, but I haven't touched them at all in FS2020. I've spent so much time flying the 737NGX and Zibo that I have no interest in flying a stock plane, especially one that's broken. For the first time I have really enjoyed fling GA though, especially in IFR which is now so much more possible.
Yeah funnily enough branching out into GA as a break from the broken 747 has been a new experience for me. I've really enjoyed the Bush trips and navigating by landmarks, and even IFR in some of the GA aircraft is totally doable now. I've noticed the little planes really get tossed about since the new patch which feels a lot more realistic. Landing on that big mesa airport from the training in the strong winds activity was nuts!

Anyone noticed a lot more pop in of trees since the patch? I was doing the Japan discovery flight and it was driving me nuts watching the trees and terrain mesh popping in practically below the aircraft

Back
Top Bottom