**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Just bought and tried today the newly released DC Designs F14 Tomcat. Absolutely blown away! I only play in VR by the way (Reverb G2)

Up until now I've mainly been pootling around in the basic cessna, just trying to get the game to run as best and smooth as it can in VR, and learn the basic ropes of the sim. To jump from the cessna to a Tomcat is ******* unreal. I still took off from my local little airfield (Yorkshire) for a laugh - had just enough runway - and before I knew it I was in Scotland. This sim is potentially so so good when it all works as it should.....

Soldato
Where has vibration support gone on controllers?

Since the last update, I now have no vibration effects when using a gamepad. I use a PS4 DS4 pad via DS4Windows. Often I can't be bothered used a joystick and hotas setup, and I like(d) using a gamepad for the vibration effects. Anyone know what's happened? I've searched online and can't find anything at all......

Man of Honour
Where has vibration support gone on controllers?

Since the last update, I now have no vibration effects when using a gamepad. I use a PS4 DS4 pad via DS4Windows. Often I can't be bothered used a joystick and hotas setup, and I like(d) using a gamepad for the vibration effects. Anyone know what's happened? I've searched online and can't find anything at all......

Weird; I'm sure its still there; only because I turned it off as it was annoying me!

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Some gamescom stuff today:

Seems in a month or two we will get a reno air race expansion (before the top gun expansion later this year apparently), which I have to be honest sounds like it would be an absolute blast. Look forward to hearing more about it:

COMING SOON! Microsoft Flight Simulator is partnering with the Reno Air Racing Association to bring the famous STIHL National Championship Air Races, the world’s fastest motorsport, to the sim! The Reno Air Races represent the first major expansion for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Simmers will be able to race against their friends and pilots from around the world with the addition of competitive multiplayer to the sim. The Reno Air Races expansion pack will be available this Fall.

They dropped a trailer for the first in the new (payware) "Legends" series of aircraft, the Junkers

COMING SOON! The Microsoft Flight Simulator team is thrilled to announce the release of an incredibly detailed Junkers JU-52 add-on for the platform on September 7, 2021. In Germany, the Junkers JU-52 is lovingly called “Tante JU” or “Aunt JU.” The team has gone to great lengths to recreate the plane as authentically and accurately as possible, working with the grandson of the original designer, Hugo Junkers, and with an organization that preserves one of the last surviving examples of this historically significant aircraft.

A short WU6 trailer (which has been delayed into september)

Coming September 7, 2021! World Update VI – Germany, Austria, Switzerland features new aerial imagery, high-resolution elevation maps, and 3D cities, including Frankfurt and Wuppertal in Germany, Basel in Switzerland, and Graz and Vienna in Austria. The team has also hand crafted 100 famous locations and several new airports such as Lübeck, Stuttgart, Klagenfurt, and St. Gallen. This update will also include new discovery flights, fresh landing challenges, and bush trips that showcase this beautiful region of our planet.

And finally some weird Volocopter tie-in thingy, not sure how this is going to tie into the game:

Microsoft Flight Simulator has partnered with Volocopter, a fascinating German company creating one of the most exciting new aircraft in the world, an eVTOL air taxi called “VoloCity.” In collaboration with the team at Volocopter, we are integrating their electric air taxis and incorporating their vision for urban air mobility into Microsoft Flight Simulator. The VoloCity air taxi represents our first step toward the introduction of one of the widely requested aircraft – helicopters! Available November, 2021.

Soldato
Oh man the Junkers looks great. I think the DC6 is probs gonna take my cash though.

I reckon the Volocopter thing could be fun for whizzing around cities without having to worry about crashing. More detailed looking around, like. Either way, a step toward helis is cool with me.

Soldato
So is there any news as to whether or not they adding a true supersonic flight model with the Top Gun stuff, or is it just going to be **** like all the current supersonic capable aircraft?

Soldato
Anyone else having issues with world loading? I have a go in Tokyo and I get to parts of the city where the ground is just blurry 2d image, no 3d buildings loaded, checked and photo geometry is enabled, Bing maps is enabled, ensured everything is updated in the marketplace too.

Soldato
Anyone else having issues with world loading? I have a go in Tokyo and I get to parts of the city where the ground is just blurry 2d image, no 3d buildings loaded, checked and photo geometry is enabled, Bing maps is enabled, ensured everything is updated in the marketplace too.

I had that issue yesterday evening. Wasn't even a photogramm city area, quite rural and landscape still wasn't loading in properly. Must have been a Microsoft server/ data issue???

Man of Honour
Has anyone got the Airbus Officers pack? (Stick & Throttle)? Looking for some feedback on it.
I'm looking to downsize from the Warthog HOTAS/Stick I've got as it just takes up so much room on the desk and the Airbus looks a smaller more compact unit; but it is any good?

Soldato
Has anyone got the Airbus Officers pack? (Stick & Throttle)? Looking for some feedback on it.
I'm looking to downsize from the Warthog HOTAS/Stick I've got as it just takes up so much room on the desk and the Airbus looks a smaller more compact unit; but it is any good?

Got all of it plus an extra throttle (ready for the 380NX end of the year)

Really happy with it, only using the single throttle setup atm as there's calibration issues using all 4 so waiting for Asobo/FBW to sort that out with the 38NX

Associate
The bravo is in stock on a competitor website, just searching the bravo it came on Google had it come up. Won't last long. I picked one up earlier in the week from a diff website, so they are all restocking right now

Back
Top Bottom