*** Official Nioh (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
OP

• No weapon/armour durability - replaced by weapon proficiencies which give you skill points for the on-hand weapon.
  • You have 8 item shortcuts - unsure how you change between the 2 item wheels (each has 4)
  • You now have a gun as a ranged weapon as well as a bow
  • You can have at hand 2 melee weapons and 2 ranged ones - use the stance button (R1) and dpad to change between them
  • Minimap has a red aura when theres an enemy detected
  • When you have a weapon buff the length of effect is shown around the stance wheel
  • Environmental damage can be applied to enemies!
  • Lock-on works more like Souls games

Crap quality - zoomed in from a Twitch stream

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
This should have been heavily featured in Sony's PS4 show tbh. What an amazing looking game.

Weeaboo Souls is gonna be epic. :D

PS This is way more like Onimusha than it is Souls.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Useful summary of analysis to changes to the E3 build thats been noticed

Angry Joes chat with the devs - same level weve seen before but a few new extra snippets

I feel its getting to be more like Onimusha Gaiden once you know what you are doing - its very much a Team Ninja game rather than a FROM rip-off...

EDIT: Forgot to say you can dual wield Katanas now :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Demo window announced! 23rd August until 5th September :D

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/07/19/samurai-action-rpg-nioh-gets-a-second-demo-next-month/

Today, we’re happy to reveal that the second downloadable demo will be available for download and play via PlayStation Store from 23rd August until 5th September! After this period, download and play of the demo will be disabled.

Within the beta demo more of the rewarding (yet dangerous) gameplay from the alpha will be present. A new dojo stage will feature an intense training session which teaches the basics of Nioh’s fast paced combat system. Players will also be able to explore a yet to be announced stage, as well as the previous Usuki and Dazaifu stages. A selection of new Katana, Spears, Axes and Hammers will be available to collect to uniquely suit their gameplay style.
Time for you Souls guys to get really good ;):p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This is the first I've heard about this. If it really is a mix of Souls and Gaiden I'll be all over it as they're basically my favourite action games of all time (I'm actually replaying Ninja Gaiden Black at the moment). I'm on holiday for part of the Beta but thankfully back in time to get some time out of it. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Caporegime
OP
Gamescom trailer - Marvels loaned them Spiderwoman :eek:

I guess this is what we will see in the beta

The new Nakatsu stage leads protagonist William along a treacherous mountain path to a deep cave, where he must prevail against human and supernatural enemies alike—including the seductive Hinoenma, a dangerous Yokai under the guise of a beautiful woman. Defeating the Nakatsu stage will award players with the Mark of the Strong DLC, which will be available when the game launches.

The experience gained from the trials of Usuki and Nakatsu should equip the most skilled players for an even more challenging undertaking: the Twilight mission. In this arduous mission, players can re-visit Usuki or Nakatsu, battle against stronger enemies and new fearsome creatures, and earn highly-valued items.

The Beta Demo will also feature a selection of new weapons, including the long-range hand cannon rifle and a fresh selection of Katanas (including dual-wielded Katanas), Spears, Axes and Hammers which will provide new options to suit any gameplay style. In addition, players will get a taste of Onmyo magic and Ninjutsu elements of combat, which add bonuses to William’s attack and can invoke special techniques to provide various effects.

Lastly, to better prepare players for the trials that await, a Training Dojo has been added to the demo. This tutorial stage has been implemented to teach newcomers how to fight with a katana, the most basic yet refined of weapon choices, and how to navigate through the game. The Training Dojo will be available from the beginning of the demo.
NG+ missions!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
So how is everyone finding this? last day today, but will probably be up until midnight US time. The new stage is pretty good, but it does seem the previous stages have had a little tweaking here and there too...

Not sure about the changes, its not affected the game too much, but I did prefer a few of the stance mechanics that have been removed. Hate the new bow bindings!

Game seems to have some silly 30fps animation for not near enemies which is rather off-putting

Soldato
I enjoyed what I played but I didn't do much of it. I got to the boss on the ship but that was all.

I did not give me anywhere near the sense of wonder that the souls games did but it looked like it had a lot of potential once you get more into it.
I'm on the fence as I don't really game these days but winter is coming so it's one of a few games I might pick up to play when the weather is bad.

What I played made me interested to see more of the game at least - which is good for me these days.

Caporegime
OP
And here we are again :D

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...rial/cid=EP9000-CUSA07648_00-NIOHDEMO00000001
Ready your blade for a taste of this upcoming action-RPG set during a bloody period of civil war in medieval Japan.

Take on fallen warriors and grotesque demons. Sharpen your skills through every victory… and every defeat.

Only in death will you find the way of the samurai.

Note:
• This is your last chance to try Nioh before the full launch on 8 February.
• Download now so you’re ready to play between 12:00AM 21/1/17 and 11:59PM 22/1/17.

• A network connection is required to play this download.

Caporegime
OP
Man this is still great, just got to the boss and decided to try it tomorrow - wont harp on about it though!

Hopefully can get it all done tomorrow night and get the final piece of DLC ready for the game proper which Ive just pre-ordered...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom