***OFFICIAL OcUK HWBOT OVERCLOCKING TEAM***

Associate
i am seriosly considering going to the the computer graveyard [my shed] and pulling out my old rigs

i wonder if vantage will run on a Voodoo 1 :D

That would be interesting to see... only the other day I was discussing the sudden downfall of 3dfx and Voodoo with a colleague at work. Also I had a big clearout at home a couple of months ago due to letting my house out and threw away an old Vidoeseven card and a Matrox PowerVR too - I bet they would have got some points just for rarity value!:D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
just got an email from HWBOT about the disputed score

we are on our first warning apparantly

i cannot stress enough - please check your scores for consistancy before uploading

Caporegime
Well after doing a few benchmarks I have decided this is pointless submitting anything as I won't get any points :(

My hardware is common but can't compete with LN cooled systems.

I reckon when my new stuff comes this week i might get my q9650 to the high 4ghz or even 5ghz just on water and even with one of the fastest single GTX260 cards in the world, I reckon this wouldn't get me any points either.

Or am I missing something?

Soldato
A few of my results with the Celeron were not right because of the auto input thing wasn't working well with me, had to double check every result with that it was putting in unknown cpuid even though it was right.
Twas weird :confused: but it's all good now im going to try and find my 2 voodoo 2's and go all old skool SLI hope they are still about in my loft.

Soldato
There is a utility that allows it - eee tray or something :) I use it to set the fan speed lower so it isn't audible.

Yeah, i tried using SetFSB but the PL recomended wouldnt stick and the new FSB wasnt working out. Shame cause it was up at 2ghz. The Eee Tray wont work with the Aspire One, i think... different chipset.

Associate
I reckon when my new stuff comes this week i might get my q9650 to the high 4ghz or even 5ghz just on water

On a side note...please do keep us informed or start a thread when you go for this. It would be pretty useful. ;)

It may even be what's needed to convince me to do that daunting looking vdroop mod to my board. It is the worst boards for vdrop/droop and that's what's giving me cause for concern when I go anything above 4.4ghz. Why it doesn't have LLC is beyond me. :mad:

The highest I dared take it was 4.7 although was not prime stable and because of the droop and drop I was inputting far higher voltages into the bios than I was getting comfortable with.

If you were going to push it above 4.5 then it would be good to see what results you're getting from what settings. It may be the thing that's needed to do the mod or dump the board in favour of something with LLC.

Cheers.

Associate
Just back home at my parents for a few weeks, can do some tests on her pc which has some pretty uncommon spec if I remember correctly... but also seem to remember it having the worst BIOS ever and not being able to clock it :(

Got another old PC lying around here too but dont remember if that even boots.

Will test them out tomorrow, hopefully get some points!

Soldato
Cheers for the idea Ducky Spud :D. Gonna lay of my rig and try an old barton chip and an Nvidia Geoforce 3. All this talk about hot pans in ovens got me a little concerned. :)
Oh, b.t.w., deleted my score for 3D03; it got reported like the other score, so to avoid any more trouble or warnings...

Caporegime
Bah humbug. Just checked the top 100 for my cpu and gpu. I'll get nothing with my gtx260 as all the top 40's are with i7 rigs so pointless trying to catch them up. They really ought to split the scores up to the cpu tied to the gpu on graphics benchmarks since the cpu has a large bearing on your score. LN2 i965's will wipe the floor every day.

On the good news side, I might be able to get some points on the cpu side of things since that is on an individual cpu basis.

Associate
Thats a similar problem to mine, top 100 E8400's are all crazy LN2 ones that Ive no chance of catching on my student budget. As for GPU, can only overclock it about 20mhz on everything so makes hardly any change :(

Associate
with my setup at it's uncomfortable limit and with so many benchies i have just managed to score 2 whole points...:D the competition is too fierce with their LN2 scores! but i will keep trying!

Man of Honour
Added submissions for 3DMark 03, 05 & 06. Not got any points for them though. Does it take time to work them out or is my system just not up there with the Gods :p

E8400 @ 3.6
4870 512MB @ 750/950
4GB DDR2
Samsung SSD

Caporegime
Thats a similar problem to mine, top 100 E8400's are all crazy LN2 ones that Ive no chance of catching on my student budget. As for GPU, can only overclock it about 20mhz on everything so makes hardly any change :(

I'm a bit better off than you then. Not many ln2 for the q9650 so I am aiming for a top 10 score on the cpu tests this weekend once I get the few bits I'm short off to get my cpu to the high 4Ghz or even the magical 5ghz :eek:

Back
Top Bottom