***OFFICIAL OcUK HWBOT OVERCLOCKING TEAM***

Caporegime
Added submissions for 3DMark 03, 05 & 06. Not got any points for them though. Does it take time to work them out or is my system just not up there with the Gods :p

E8400 @ 3.6
4870 512MB @ 750/950
4GB DDR2
Samsung SSD

No chance. Look at the top 100 scores for your card on the graphics tests. The top 40-50 will be taken with i7 rigs running at 5 to 8ghz on ln2 with sometimes an even slower clocked graphics cards than you but in 3dmark the cpu gives you such a boost to your score, there is no point even submitting them IMO.

That is why this site is flawed IMO. They should have had seperate sections on the graphics tests for different cpus.

Last edited:
Soldato
cheers - i trust we can rely on some submissions from yourself? :D

i doubt i would be some use to you as my mob does not go higher then 425 fsb stable prime with 8 gig of ram. also did not bench for a long time and i'm registered for benchtec team.

Ps: i think my cpu was benched by Jhonny bravo @at 4.2 on air with p5q

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I have successfully submitted mine but only used 3D Mark 06 so far with an impressive score of 23568 :D and that's with a 4GHz OC. Not bad. Altho I can make the chip go as high as 4.5GHz I dont want to risk it too much. Guess now its a case of waiting for the scores to be verified?

Last edited:
Associate
The scores do take a while to be verified, usually only about an hour or so but can take longer. It seems the best scores are to be had with unusual hardware... hence I've done my missus' laptop, my laptop... they seem to be lesser used CPU's so easier to get a point or two here and there. To get a really high score you need some serious kit it seems - and LN2!

I've just had to delete some submissions as it didn't recognise the CPU on this laptop initially so I'd had some submissions just sitting there un-verified.

Have also just been playing around with the 'SetFSB' app - seems to work pretty well on this laptop and have managed to up my scores a bit. Might try it on her laptop later when she's off the chat!

Caporegime
Nope, I'm a Benchtec guy through and through, though technically I'm "retired" at the moment, though I'm thinking of getting back into it at somepoint.

There's loyalty for you .................not!

Be ashamed of yourselve for going over to the darkside.

I vote for removal of the the hammer and title of don. Swimming with the fishes is too good for you :p

Associate
Im not having much luck with the other rigs I have here. Cant overclock the one that works (Athlon 64 LE1600 or somthing like that, not common anyway) and the scores I get are bottom of the tables so not even submitted them.

The other PC is dead but has a Geforce FX5500... Man I was stoked when I finally saved up and bought that haha, was still at school then and it took some saving despite being entry level at the time. Anyway, its AGP so cant install it on my current rig for testing, plus I think the rig its in is dead but think may have a mess round, see what I can do.

Associate
If I turn off Physics on 3D Mark Vantage, I get this result

mwsnap0332f.jpg

Is it normal?

Soldato
I remember when the HD3870 first came out, I was the second person on HWBot to bench one, and was at the top of the leaderboard for a few days. That changed fairly soon :D

Back
Top Bottom