*** Official Planetside 2 Thread ***

Associate
I was originally in Kuntras Killas, then Tempest and finally settled in MoX (Werner TR). We did (and still do when we have a reunion :D) spec ops stuff mostly (MoX pretty much invented the gen bust and hold), as well as cont opening / drawing enemies from locked conts.

PS is special because it is one of the few FPS where good tactics and squad play really do outclass individual talent every-time. Due to our play-style MoX don't have all that many CR5's (altho have had some of the best), but can hold a gen with 15 BR10's just as well as 15 random BR25/CR5's.

Associate
I was originally in Kuntras Killas, then Tempest and finally settled in MoX (Werner TR). We did (and still do when we have a reunion :D) spec ops stuff mostly (MoX pretty much invented the gen bust and hold), as well as cont opening / drawing enemies from locked conts.

PS is special because it is one of the few FPS where good tactics and squad play really do outclass individual talent every-time. Due to our play-style MoX don't have all that many CR5's (altho have had some of the best), but can hold a gen with 15 BR10's just as well as 15 random BR25/CR5's.

Kuntras Killas and Tempest. Surely not Mr Chickadee is it? :D

Associate
Oh i hope they make it! PS has to be one of the best games ever made, spent way too much of my teenage years on that game!

part of New Roots - NC - Werner

Soldato

Blood Legion, TR, Werner here. Think we teamed up with you guys (MoX) on many occasion, after all you guys were known as TRs medics haha :D

Soldato
The best part of Planetside was 3 way bridge battles on cyssor. The ones south of... Gunuku, I think it was? With Itan and the third base there, you'd often get the NC usually holding the capitol there, VS holding Itan and TR holding that third base, and everyone just meets in the middle, it was the perfect frantic action. Who did you go for first? TR and VS usually ended up shooting at each other while NC sat on the end of the bridge and spammed everyone with vanguard shots, until the VS pulled magriders and headed over the water and took out our defensive position. start to push over onto our island, when the TR decide they want to join in, start running over the bridge and they both blast the heck out of each other in our CY until we push back, rince and repeat.

I think part of what made it awesome was the 3-way nature. So many battles a just one army vs another, when you throw a third one in it adds a whole new level of strategy.

Unfortunately, I can see PS2 being a total flop because they will try to do something new with it, and that's not what people want. We want Planetside 1, with updated graphics, physics and better netcode, and no BRFs. Make that, and it would be the perfect game!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I remember one time just seeing around 10 galaxies flying over our base, and then next minute there were a full platoon dropping. Epic moment!

So many good memories!

Caporegime
The best part of Planetside was 3 way bridge battles on cyssor. The ones south of... Gunuku, I think it was? With Itan and the third base there, you'd often get the NC usually holding the capitol there, VS holding Itan and TR holding that third base, and everyone just meets in the middle, it was the perfect frantic action. Who did you go for first? TR and VS usually ended up shooting at each other while NC sat on the end of the bridge and spammed everyone with vanguard shots, until the VS pulled magriders and headed over the water and took out our defensive position. start to push over onto our island, when the TR decide they want to join in, start running over the bridge and they both blast the heck out of each other in our CY until we push back, rince and repeat.

:D happy days, i still remember a few names from PS, one of the best games ive ever played online.

Soldato
How I loved PlanetSide, the day it came out I got banned from using weapons for 24 hours due to team killing -.- Woops!

Associate
Well from the news in the OP I suspect all it is micro transaction supported version of the original Planetside for the Chinese market. Pure speculation of course but that's what my gut is telling me.

Back
Top Bottom