*** Official Rugby League SLXXI Thread ***

Associate
Jon Bateman suspended for a month by the club. The club are keeping quiet on this one (although it takes about 30 seconds to find out why on social media).

Just hope that's the end of it. He's too good a player to lose.

What has happened to Zak Hardaker? He's gone from a world-beater to looking like he cba. Maybe a fresh start is the best for all parties. Looking at the quality of fullbacks on show in the NRL, I don't fancy his chances of breaking into a team down under. If Salford didn't have a salary cap thing hanging over them, he'd be nailed on to join them.

Soldato
OP
Jon Bateman suspended for a month by the club. The club are keeping quiet on this one (although it takes about 30 seconds to find out why on social media).

Just hope that's the end of it. He's too good a player to lose.

What has happened to Zak Hardaker? He's gone from a world-beater to looking like he cba. Maybe a fresh start is the best for all parties. Looking at the quality of fullbacks on show in the NRL, I don't fancy his chances of breaking into a team down under. If Salford didn't have a salary cap thing hanging over them, he'd be nailed on to join them.

What's happened to Leeds, I guess. Rumours that Rovers have signed Scruton for next year. Not sure whether I'm impressed by that one or not. Apparently we did have a contract offer to Gale, but obviously he opted to stay at Cas.

Soldato
You'd have thought I'd have got over it, but I'm still smarting a bit from when Wire knocked us out of the Challenge Cup in...2009(I think), when Lee Briers scored the golden point. Gutted! :)

This one? https://youtu.be/TKM_oorjA7I (Sorry!)

I had forgotten about that one. We can call it even after the '15 semi final!

Shame you didn't show up for the Final. I was cheering for you until I turned it off :(

Soldato
OP
This one? https://youtu.be/TKM_oorjA7I (Sorry!)

I had forgotten about that one. We can call it even after the '15 semi final!

Shame you didn't show up for the Final. I was cheering for you until I turned it off :(

Haha yeah that was the one! (2009)

I think it was why I was so desperate that we beat you in that semi final. Don't worry, I've calmed down and bear no grudges anymore, we're even. :)

That CC final was the most disappointing game I've seen from Rovers.

Associate
Went to watch a rugby game on Friday. Unfortunately, Mr James Childs turned up.

Not one for getting into refs, but this bloke has been consistently poor for the last 4/5 seasons. I'm not for one second saying that he deliberately favours one team more than another but you have no idea what he's going to do/focus on/ignore/penalise from one minute to the next. You can stand slow ptbs or short 10s if its consistent throughout the game, but its not consistent in a 10 minute period. It must be even more frustrating for the players as it is for the fans.

FWIW I have no issue at all with the yellow and red cards in the game. Live, I thought the red card was harsh judging by the lack of reaction from the Wakefield players (always a good indicator). Watching it again, its 3/4 games bad. The first time he's been sent off in his career apparently.

Associate
This thread seems to have died a bit of a death (mainly due to the overall crapness of most of the big teams), but I've just watched the NRL semi between Cowboys and Broncos. Completely restored my faith in the game. Unfortunately they seem to be playing a different game to the tripe that's getting served up to me over here.

Wigan have played well for 3 and a half games all year and find themselves 3rd. They've been butchered with injuries but if the rest of the comp was up to anything, they shouldn't be anywhere near the play offs.

Associate
We have a young lad Ash Robinson that Looked decent but his season was ended this year in a pre season friendly. We do have the option of playing benny roberts there with gale and chase(?) at halfs.
We have signed Greg Eden back though I was never really a fan and he hasnt seemed to have done much anywhere.
I hope Powell can get him up to speed which he seems to have done with a lot of average players.

Associate
I think them been at home will help them in the MPG though it would have been nice to see London v KR . But I suppose this way it should probably be a tighter game. Not a good position for either of them to be in but at least it will be decided on the field and its in there own hands.

Soldato
Bit bored of seeing all of the articles/tweets with players moaning about the Million Pound Game. Ellis actually said that no clubs should get relegated but Leigh deserve to be in Super League. How does that work?

Yes, players will lose their jobs. Maybe they should have thought of that earlier in the year. It's part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom