1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Rugby League SLXXIV Thread ***

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by physichull, Jan 20, 2019.

1. JRS

Capodecina

Was a very enjoyable game of rugby that.

@physichull - AFAIK Sammut is on a two-match penalty notice for making contact with the ref in their pre-season friendly against Salford.

2. physichull

Sgarrista

Unbeliev....oh actually, yeah, not surprising!

Cas....Wire...interested? Depends on affordability and also Visa issues I guess if its as bad as it sounds....you don't get sacked immediately for just a minor blip.

Shame about Sammut. I guess I'll see him turn it on when Rovers play Wigan and I'll end up thoroughly demoralised!

3. Kemik

Mobster

In other news, Luke "of course I won't rename Widnes Vikings to Liverpool Vikings" Backhouse and Koukash, the two who were originally looking to buy Widnes, are now relaunching Liverpool RLFC. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

4. JRS

Capodecina

Our squad against Castleford tonight:

[​IMG]

5. physichull

Sgarrista

I feel sick. Derby nerves. Hate the derby.

6. physichull

Sgarrista

Vorsprung durch get in!!!!!!! Keinhorst!!!!!!

Linnett, Greenwood and Garbutt were immense. Linnett in particular was a tackling machine. A defensive masterclass from him.

7. physichull

Sgarrista

arrrghhhh my head.....damn you beer.

8. JRS

Capodecina

Did ya overdo it a bit last night? ;):p

9. physichull

Sgarrista

Didn't over-do it, it was just the required amount to stop my hands shaking! Haha!

Looking forwards to tonight's game.

10. TonyM19

Hitman

3 great TV games. Shot clocks doing their job and keeping things ticking along nicely.

Fair result on Thursday. Sts looked a bit sharper and caught Wigan cold in the first 15 minutes. The Sammut ban came from two players having a bit too much to say to each other and the ref stepped between them. Sammut moved forward and touched the ref. No drama, but the bar is set for the rest of the season with that one.

The Hull derby was great drama. The best time to win a game (and the worst time to lose one)

Leeds looked a bit lightweight yesterday. The offloads killed them. Of course they'll be brilliant on Friday v Wigan

London was a bit of a shock. Looks like no easy ride down there any more.

11. physichull

Sgarrista

We've had our fair share of last minute losses over the last few years....*cough* Salford *cough*

Disappointed by the Warrington Leeds game in that it was such a one sided contest. Leeds just couldn't get near for much of the game and never looked like scoring. Not incredibly impressed by Hurrell though. But like you said, he'll put in a man of steel performance against Rovers now I've said that.

York gave Toronto a decent game today but sadly were kept to nil.

Chris Chester's closing words to the BBC interview today:

"Maybe we are not as good a team as everyone is tipping us to be."

Hardly inspiring stuff Chris, not sure that's the message of confidence that your players clearly need.

There are no easy games. The Middle 8s over the last few years have proved this. Teams like Toronto, London, Halifax, Toulouse etc can all capably put in decent performances to trip up a SL club.

12. TonyM19

Hitman

Which SL club will Ben Barba end up at?

Wigan have Hardaker so can hardly take the moral high ground here, but somebody will pick him up.

13. physichull

Sgarrista

I don't think he'll end up at any club after having read more into it. And rightly so, if all the rumour is true.

14. TonyM19

Hitman

The door seems firmly closed on that one. And rightly so.

15. physichull

Sgarrista

Absolutely. I think this would send an awful message if a SL club came in for him.

The question as always is where do you draw the line with characters like this...Hardaker, Tomkins (J), Chase, Adam AND Jonathan Walker, Cockayne....I could go on and on.

16. TonyM19

Hitman

More good TV games coming up.

I fancy Cas tonight v Hull. Looked good v Catalans and I'm just not sure about Hull. O'Connor's back so that should raise everybody's temper to critical :)
    Going to the Wigan v Leeds game tomorrow. I hope Leeds discover their form next week. You wonder if they weren't brilliant last week or whether Wire were just too good (1st half particularly). Might be a tough afternoon for HKR if Wire can keep those standards up
    Chance for Catalans to prove if they will do anything this year at home v Huddersfield. The type of game they need to win, but quite often don't

Enjoyed RugbyAM again this week. Jamie Peacock's Best 1-13 was a really good feature. Some of its still a bit cringeworthy (eg the golf challenge)

17. physichull

Sgarrista

Come on Cas!!!

Going to Rovers v Wire on Saturday. Trepidation. Thats right. That's what the Wire fans should be feeling right now!

18. physichull

Sgarrista

HuLLLLLLLLLLLLL 18 - 26 Castleford

19. JRS

Capodecina

Briefly going off the Super League topic - this Toulouse-Widnes match in the Championship is a belter. 18-16 at half time.

Looking forward to Catalans-Huddersfield later. My ma & pa are currently in Dragons country, so they should be in the bar with les Villelongaises watching it. I expect I'll be getting reactions over WhatsApp!

***edit***

Our line-up for later on.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  20. JRS

Capodecina

Good recovery by us after a poor bit of defending let them in early on. 12-6 as I type this.

***edit***

Casty off, concussion protocol. Baitieri on to replace him. We do keep getting players clobbered like this.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019