• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
Yeah i also can hear the fan revving up and down all over the place ;).

I agree with you about the stock cooler that comes with the processor as half decent indeed.

I have a xigmatek pc case so you are not the only person to hear the fan going up and down like a yoo yoo.

Don't use XMP, input all your memory timings and speed and no more revving up and down.
I tried it yesterday and the temperature doesn't bounce around anymore.

Associate
If they're cheaper than other kits, might as well. How high they can go will still mainly depend on your chips IMC since I think most B-die kits can reach 3200Mhz C16 at 1.35v~1.4v.

Associate
Just bought some 8 pack team group dark (3200 cl14) to replace my team group vulcan, anyone have the 8 pack stuff to confirm it works with 2700x properly, i remember some one said they have it running as intended.

I have a 2700x and 8 pack ram @ 3200mhz CAS 14-14-14-31 works fine very easy to setup via xmp profile.

I have > Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/

No issues what so ever with my 2700x none really.

Yeah am happy with this ram as it was intended to work on intel and amd motherboards so i defiantly would recommend this ram you see.

I have the gigabyte x470 aorus gaming 7 wifi motherboard and no issues with the ram.

Last edited:
Associate
A battle could be brewing since AMD did say they might release a 2800X, but it probably depends on how fast Intel’s 8 core is and maybe even more importantly, when it becomes available for the masses.
Because if pcgamesn is right in their article about Intel’s 14nm supply shortfall, meaning the 9000 series will be paper launched with general availability first in early 2019, that could put it within just a few months from AMD’s 7nm Ryzen launch.

Unless AMD deems they have to respond to Intel's 8 cores now, I think they will skip the 2800x and instead focus on getting their 7nm Ryzen out as fast as possible.

Permabanned
Even if there is a 2800X I cant see it being anywhere close to the new Intels, they look like they are going to fly. May aswell concentrate on getting the new chips out ASAP in 2019.

Also, bought some team dark pro 4000mhz 8 pack memory on a whim MM.......so close to getting it running at 3533.....200% or so in ramtest before errors.....more tweaking later. :)

Soldato
Anyone think there will be a 2800X to compete with Intels 8 core?
I don't think there's enough left in the 12nm tank to compete with the 9000 series at the top end. I highly doubt AMD have been holding back 4.5 GHz parts for a potential R7 2800X when they could've used them for Threadripper. They might cut prices slightly but I'm not sure they need to, especially given they already did so with Ryzen 2.

I definitely think it's possible that general availability of the i7-9700K and i9-9900K could fall just 2-3 months behind Ryzen 3, which'd probably remove any need for a reactionary AMD response.

Soldato
Okay so just a note for all you ryzen people, I bought 8 pack team dark pro ram, plopped it in, pressed XMP and everything worked instantly at 14.14.14 3200mhz, I spent months trying to get the previous ram to work (team group vulcan), tuns out ryzen 2 is a snob and only accepts the best ram or it just doesn't wanna know.

Soldato
I can boot into Windows with my GSkill Ripjaws V at 3600mhz at 1.4v on my Taichi x370, but it crashes eventually. Need to do some tweaks :)

Soldato
Heads up for first wave Ryzen owners.

My 1800X is suffering degradation already after almost 18 months. Noticed that my PC was locking up in BF1 and BFV. Initially blamed the game and a setting (performance bias i had set recently) but turns out, after testing with realbench, memtest and Prime95 that I needed to bump up the vcore a couple of notches.

It had previously been sat at 40x101 @ 1.375v and rock solid for over a year.

Just a heads up, but I might just be unlucky.

Soldato
Okay so just a note for all you ryzen people, I bought 8 pack team dark pro ram, plopped it in, pressed XMP and everything worked instantly at 14.14.14 3200mhz, I spent months trying to get the previous ram to work (team group vulcan), tuns out ryzen 2 is a snob and only accepts the best ram or it just doesn't wanna know.

My team group vulcan 3000mhz was throwing up loads of errors in memtest, but after updating my x370 to the latest bios (I was on f23e I think, now f23) it cleared all the issues. Not tried overclocking it, but it looks like it was a bios/compatibility issue that's now resolved.

Soldato
My team group vulcan 3000mhz was throwing up loads of errors in memtest, but after updating my x370 to the latest bios (I was on f23e I think, now f23) it cleared all the issues. Not tried overclocking it, but it looks like it was a bios/compatibility issue that's now resolved.
on my x470 the updates to the bios are so slow that after 6 months its still on 1.0.0.4 agesa and the ram wouldnt go above 2666 without serious issues happening, i messaged gigabyte directly and they basically said , no updates planned until amd provide them with new agesa's but everyone else is on a higher one that gigabyte, so they are basically lying and/or saying suck it.

Back
Top Bottom