• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Threadripper Owners Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Ta. Not sure what's happening with it! Only built yesterday, so will have a mess around tonight.

BTW based my new sig on yours! ;)

FYI, just ran it in the background while playing some Rocket league and got 5943 so yeah, I think you need to do some investigating. Haven't enable game mode by accident have you? And have you installed the AMD chipset drivers (you need these to get the AMD balanced power plan).[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
I wonder if that PCMark benchmark is even the same one as listed on the website as they say PCMark extended?

FYI my 1900X & 480 scores the same as Amigafan here much less grunt in my system, so its not really pushing CPU/GPU, it is whole system performance I guess.

Associate
Thanks - good to get some context. Something clearly isn't right, storage should be super quick. I'll start again with the BIOS and drivers, and if no luck, I'll do a fresh re-install. Should be fun with a hangover tomorrow!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
FYI my 1900X & 480 scores the same as Amigafan here much less grunt in my system, so its not really pushing CPU/GPU, it is whole system performance I guess.

I was playing rocket league at the same time remember.

Associate
Sure but I have half the cores, half the RAM, half the bandwidth and a 1/4 of the GPU, so really, the benchmark is clearly not amazing for testing this :D

Associate
Thanks - good to get some context. Something clearly isn't right, storage should be super quick. I'll start again with the BIOS and drivers, and if no luck, I'll do a fresh re-install. Should be fun with a hangover tomorrow!

Did you install NVMe drivers and what about the write flush policy on the drives?

Associate
As mentioned I wouldn't put too much stock in it as a benchmark, if you look at top results for 1950x the highest score is only 6300. highest 1920X is 5300. The extended test is clearly different.

check your disk performance with atto/as ssd/crystal disc mark
check mem bandwidth with Aida64
You can get gpu and cpu scores from the likes of 3dmark

you can compare those with others, perhaps might be visible where its loosing out.

Would be worth checking numa/local memory setup and whether compatibility mode is on in ryzen master etc. which will restrict cores and bandwidth.

Last edited:
Associate
After re-install TimeSpy is: 9033... Hmmm. Ryzen Master seems set up ok.

Will get on the case with the tests suggested.

AIDA64 tests look ok, but latency was 104ms...

Disk performance seems ok with AS SSD

Last edited:
Associate
I have a latency of 59ish, but I have spent a fair bit of time tuning the RAM timings and am in Dual channel mode as two of my sticks didn't work which probably helps my latency as it's not going over to the other mem controller.

I don't know if your timespy is good or bad but looks within a similar percentage to you last run so is probably in the right ballpark.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Here's my 1920x cache/memory test in aida. I have it set in NUMA, which distributed rather than local in ryzen master. Weirdly, bandwidth tests better than it did in UMA/local prior to my reinstalling the OS.

gallery_44179_303_34641.png

Back
Top Bottom