• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Sapphire Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Extreme 5850 Extreme Owners Thread**

Associate
Sounds good then! Personally, I'm more interested in the cool temps for the low fan noise more than the OC potential though. :p

Bit annoyed that crossfire seems all jerky in f1 2010 despite high fps, need to have a search for any fixes. I disabled crossfire and run the game with the one card and it's silky smooth even though it's the same fps.

Soldato
Sounds good then! Personally, I'm more interested in the cool temps for the low fan noise more than the OC potential though. :p

Bit annoyed that crossfire seems all jerky in f1 2010 despite high fps, need to have a search for any fixes. I disabled crossfire and run the game with the one card and it's silky smooth even though it's the same fps.

Have you got the latest Application Profiles?

Do you have vsync on?

Soldato
Yes and yes.

I might not bother trying to fix it, the game runs at just about 60 fps anyway so I don't need any more performance.

Does it happen with V-sync turned off in game or CCC?

It may be micro-stuttering that you're experiencing but it usually happens in more than just one title.

Have you tried restoring the Factory Defaults settings in CCC?

Associate
Resetting to factory defaults seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

For 90% of the track it's locked at 60 fps but there does seem to be a tiny bit of stuttering still on the pit straight. For about a second it goes down to 55 fps but it feels more like 20 fps but then it goes away again. Still, vast improvement!

Soldato
Resetting to factory defaults seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

For 90% of the track it's locked at 60 fps but there does seem to be a tiny bit of stuttering still on the pit straight. For about a second it goes down to 55 fps but it feels more like 20 fps but then it goes away again. Still, vast improvement!

Resetting the settings should be done every time you encounter unusual issues in games after tweaking the CCC settings and when you update the drivers.

Soldato
Looks like my stable gaming OC is about 850/1150/1.15 voltage. - Also about 63 degrees after a long gaming sesh

Plays Crysis 2 at around 35 - 50 fps (fraps) on 1920x1080 (hardcore settings)

For the money this is chuffing excellent!!

V F

V F

Soldato
Resetting the settings should be done every time you encounter unusual issues in games after tweaking the CCC settings and when you update the drivers.

You have to do that for each section? or is there a section that does it all?

Associate
2 hours of Crysis :D

lol :D

I swapped my crossfire bridge today for a longer one. When I went to play dirt 2 i thought it was sluggish, then I realised my second gpu had 0% usage. Checked CCC and I no longer have an enable crossfire option? It's just totally disappeared?

I thought maybe the new bridge was faulty but I popped the old one back on and I can't get enable crossfire with that any more either.

Any ideas? :confused:

edit: After changing nothing overnight I booted it up this morning and it was working fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry for bump!

Ugh, looks like on my cards is faulty. When I run just it, it doesn't post. When I run the other on it's own it works perfectly and when I run the two I get a bluescreen error once windows loads.

RMA time I think.

Associate
Just to update you on Q6600 bottleneck when running these cards in Crossfirex:

Q6600 @ 3512
RAM @ 936

Average Framerate: 75.30
Max. Framerate: 124.75
Min. Framerate: 50.14

Q6600 @ 2400
RAM @ 800

Average Framerate: 40.95
Max. Framerate: 69.31
Min. Framerate: 29.02

Now I know that with a decent processor these cards in Crossfire score a minimum frame rate of around 84 and an average of 120+, so the old Q6600 is really showing its age now. However, the game is still more than playable so the upgrade can wait.

I am going to watch the Bulldozer release with interest - as well as looking at how long it will be before Ivybridge gets here. I want a complete new system - Case / PSU / Cooling / SSD the whole works so I will be saving for a while so by the time I have the cash Ivybridge may well be here.

I have come very close to buying a i5 2500k / i7 2600k system though on several occasions...

Associate
Bit stuck at the moment; running latest ccc and cap, also, new trixx which allows voltage change, can get both cards running fine in game @ 900 x 1200, with volts upto 1.2, when running alone, but as soon as I enable crossfire in ccc, can't run trixx, it just crashes, any ideas?

Soldato
I had the same issue. The problem I had was that I unticked the Synchronized cards in Multi-GPU config then reaplied it and it started locking my machine up.
I did a fresh install of the ati Drivers and Trixx and made sure i didnt touch the above setting and also Disabled ULPS now all is working fine.

Associate
I had the same issue. The problem I had was that I unticked the Synchronized cards in Multi-GPU config then reaplied it and it started locking my machine up.
I did a fresh install of the ati Drivers and Trixx and made sure i didnt touch the above setting and also Disabled ULPS now all is working fine.

Cheers, ... did mess with the synchronized bit, as it hadn't been working, so will re-install.

Back
Top Bottom