*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
yeab back up to 1118 ;(

If you could only pick one, which one would you choose, playbar or sub to go with my pair of 1s.

Also I hope they release a skill so the amazon echo can control the sonos... i didnt do my research and assumed they would work... :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
yeab back up to 1118 ;(

If you could only pick one, which one would you choose, playbar or sub to go with my pair of 1s.

Also I hope they release a skill so the amazon echo can control the sonos... i didnt do my research and assumed they would work... :rolleyes:

If you have a TV to hook it up to then then playbar.

Although I can't help but feel a gen 2 will be out next year.

Associate
Have been looking at some of the Sonos speakers and had thought of getting a Play 5, had a brief play with them in a shop and preferred it over the 1 and 3. Really like the idea as well of being able to get a Connect and use it with my current hifi which I'm quite happy with. Just looked up the RS website after reading the above post and the 6yr guarantee is a nice addition so I'll maybe give my local branch a call tomorrow and see what they have in stock.

Associate
Soon tempted to get the SUB. Should I do it? Anyone have one? Just how good is the SUB+Playbar vs just the Playbar?

Definitely 100% makes the soundstage in movies that more present i don't know the details of how low it goes but I nearly cacked my pants when watching a film with it for the first time i wasn't expecting it to perform all that well. But it does get pretty low and lean on the lower frequencies.

I've had loads of systems in the past and couldn't be happier with the sonos home theatre.

It cant do DTS sure but there are ways around it if you just enable decoding on your blu ray or in if using kodi transcode it.

Wouldn't go back to stand speakers again just for aesthetic reasons now the living room is finished and to anyone who watches the occasional movie like me it does the job very well.

Associate
Just like to add, the Spotify app update is here for direct use with Sonos speakers. (sonos + spotify app update)

However don't know if it's perfected yet as when i played a song through Spotify it took a good few seconds to start, then I switched it to play in another room and literally took 5+ seconds, anyone else find it takes a long time?

Maybe it's just an on-going development and will get better!

Soldato
OP
Downloaded the update then forgot to try it :)

Probably shows how much I'll actually use it since we rarely actually change from either from one radio station or a single playlist my partner and I update.

Associate
Noticed the update includes Trueplay for the playbar.

Considering I've only got a playbar (until tomorrow, hopefully), I've been expecting this for a long time!

Of course, I am away for a couple of days so can't play with it yet...:(

Soldato
Noticed the update includes Trueplay for the playbar.

Considering I've only got a playbar (until tomorrow, hopefully), I've been expecting this for a long time!

Of course, I am away for a couple of days so can't play with it yet...:(

Yeah, I had the pleasure of wandering about my living room last night waving my phone about like an idiot. Not sure it's made
Much difference but time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom