*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
That’s exactly how it works. We play music from the Beam and the SL’s in the living room then link it up with the Sonos One we’ve got in the kitchen.
And importantly, you can play different music in each room from 1 Spotify account at the same time. I’m not aware of another solution that does this.

Soldato
Looking online, there's a suggestion that the Sonos alarm is 'impatient'. If it isn't able to access the source you've pointed it at immediately, then it reverts to the chime straight away. So I wonder if it's possible that the issue is my router is going into some kind of sleep mode overnight, and isn't waking quickly enough for my Sonos liking?

Sonos customer service weren't great on this one. They went down the line of repairing the Spotify connection to Sonos - despite me carefully explaining that I could play Spotify sources fine, it was purely the alarm where it wasn't working.

Anyway, following my thought process in the above post, I have a solution which has worked 100% over the last week.

If I set an alarm 5 minutes before I want to wake, at 0% volume, using Sonos Chime as the sound, and lasting for 2 minutes - then the actual alarm I desire, using random liked songs, works perfectly 5 minutes later.

I don't really understand why this is the case. If I use the liked songs for the earlier silent alarm too, it doesn't make the later alarm work - and I can't see any reason why this would be a differentiator!

Associate
A061-B145-3322-4-E8-E-8-C02-6377-CC3-DC3-C9.jpg

So this came today.... Found a place that was a million times better CS wise than Sonos themselves.

I did wonder if people were being legit when they say it takes it to another level but what an absolute game changer. Wow.

Tested it out with a clip from Far From Home (Water Elemental) and it was ridiculous. The wife said she could hear the bass from the kitchen. Haha!

Sonos-love the products, the company themselves: not so much.

Last edited:
Associate
What was their reasoning for cancellation?

There was no reason in their email. When I called they indicated that I didn’t pass their checks allegedly. I asked what checks they were and they said they didn’t have that information.

Makes no difference now-I’ve got the sub and it’s great. I just know in the future that I’ll order Sonos gear from somewhere else.

Man of Honour
My apologies then @BMox81, I'd falsely assumed that they had cancelled it due to stock shortages and you were having a moan. I wondered if you had put in your payment card as a different address as delivery or something but I agree, you would have expected them to let you know the issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
@BMox81 - It really does take it to the next level. I felt the same as it seemed that everyone was very enthusiastic about it and I just assumed i t was people who spent a lot of money on something trying to justify it to themselves.

Nope, it really is that good.

Associate
Did you use a discount code? Perhaps they were suspicious of where you got the code from. You may of just been unlucky and been a buyer that had checks done.

Nope - just a normal order. Perhaps I was unlucky but still doesn't excuse the level of customer service I received from them.

Anyway - I'd much rather get on with enjoying the sub and the full 5.1 experience now.

Any other film recommendations I can use?

Soldato
Nope - just a normal order. Perhaps I was unlucky but still doesn't excuse the level of customer service I received from them.

Anyway - I'd much rather get on with enjoying the sub and the full 5.1 experience now.

Any other film recommendations I can use?

Tenet if not already suggested, bass is immense, although maybe a little too much.

Soldato
Personal preference really, however I don't like it when bass drowns everything else out. If you're not using trueplay also, then it is a must. Borrow an apple device and set it up, only reason why I still have an old Ipad is to use it for that haha. But I use the below settings, as find I can crank the volume up 1/3 of the volume bar at night, or half way in the day, where as if I leave everything default anything above a tiny amount on the volume slider and it's too loud for the room. I also prefer everything else sounding super crisp, like glass shattering etc and with these settings due to being able to use higher volume, it works better for me. Also the difference between compressed and uncompressed is actually quite big I've found on the Sonos arc. If your TV supports Earc, then again highly recommend testing films in Dolby Atmos (trueHD). I usually use the opening scene from 'Baby Driver' as my go to test when changing settings, as it has a bit of everything.

Bass -4
Treble -6
Sub volume -5
Surround audio tv level +1

Soldato
Yeah have done the trueplay tuning (hate walking around the room looking like a prat!) also using with an ARC and TV which supports eARC but I tend to go to Godzilla: KOM.

Must watch baby driver!

Back
Top Bottom