*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Don't get why people say the sub is a must? It's really not! I have a Beam in my bedroom and if anything there's too much bass at times. Granted it's not like being at the cinema, but that's not really the aim of it.

Caporegime
Don't get why people say the sub is a must? It's really not! I have a Beam in my bedroom and if anything there's too much bass at times. Granted it's not like being at the cinema, but that's not really the aim of it.

Maybe it's room size? The Beam was pretty anaemic in our lounge and not very impressive with music. The sub really made a material difference.

Soldato
Don't get why people say the sub is a must? It's really not! I have a Beam in my bedroom and if anything there's too much bass at times.

lol, who knows maybe some are more sensitive to bass than others. I've tried the ARC which is bigger than the Beam in my 30sqm space and even sitting 1.5m from it it has almost no bass.

Soldato
Room size. We tried the Playbar (and Beam) in our lounge and it was completely gutless. No depth to bass and just very average. Then we added the sub and it completely changed the experience. It’s worth every penny.

Soldato
We have a relatively small living room and even in our modest room the Arc by itself was lacking.

Well, it sounded good and probably good enough but nothing spectacular. Added the sub and it's hard to explain but suddenly the whole room has a full sound which almost feels like you can reach out and touch it (ok a bit of healthy hyperbole)

Now when I go to my friends who has the Beam and two surrounds in a larger room it just feels so flat and disappointing. When you watch Marvel stuff, that little splash screen they have at the beginning with the heroes flashing by. With the beam you can tell you're watching it at home. That same video with the sub feels like you're at the cinema

Man of Honour
Sub has just been delivered however the box has been opened. Could this have been by customs?

IMG-3513.jpg

Soldato
Sub has just been delivered however the box has been opened. Could this have been by customs?

Only if the documentation with it did not include the necessary information, i would have thought.

I'd contact Sonos, even if it's perfectly fine you should complain that it looks as though it's been tampered with or you've been given a refurbished item, maybe get compensation?

Soldato
Anyone foresee an issue running a Sonos Connect:AMP without speakers and using the input for turntable to feed music to the rest of the Sonos install?

Back
Top Bottom