*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
Might need some context to such an open ended question:

Worth it for what? Watching YouTube videos? Music? Movies?

What’s your current system? Beam? Arc?

Do you feel like your system already lacks bass?
Thank you. I have a Sonos Arc and 2 One SL’s as rears connected to an LG GX 65”. Mainly steam movies and tv shows via Netflix/Disney/Amazon Prime/Apple TV+

People say on the Sonos forums that not having a sub gives you only 50% of the experience so just wanted to gauge our fellow OcUK members opinions before I commit.

Soldato
Thank you. I have a Sonos Arc and 2 One SL’s as rears connected to an LG GX 65”. Mainly steam movies and tv shows via Netflix/Disney/Amazon Prime/Apple TV+

People say on the Sonos forums that not having a sub gives you only 50% of the experience so just wanted to gauge our fellow OcUK members opinions before I commit.

I use to have a play bar and sub, and there were times during quieter listening where I couldn't really tell the difference.

During louder situations, I could, but I didn't often watch louder stuff. For music it had a larger impact - added a bit of presence to music that the play bar couldn't offer on its own.

Man of Honour
Has anyone moved from a Playbar to a Beam? They Playbar is in our bedroom and it's looking a little large and dated. It's wall mounted under the TV and I've been thinking about changing it for a Beam.

Man of Honour
New device coming, just had this email:

It’s almost time
We hope you can join us tomorrow for a special virtual event, featuring an exclusive first look at the latest addition to the Sonos system.
9 March 2021
9:00 PM GMT
For the best experience, join from your computer or tablet.

Soldato
Has anyone moved from a Playbar to a Beam? They Playbar is in our bedroom and it's looking a little large and dated. It's wall mounted under the TV and I've been thinking about changing it for a Beam.

Ive not switches, but heard both. I wouldn’t personally have any problems going from a play bar to a beam - I think it sounds great for the size.

Sound stage isn’t as big but that’s about the biggest difference IMO.

Man of Honour
If I didn't already have 2 Move's I'd be putting in a pre-order for a Roam.
I've got one Move. It's great, but it is big and heavy and not ideal for everything, which is where the Roam will come into it. Also she's cabin crew, so if she ever goes back to work she'll have a decent speaker for the hotel room.

Associate
Have preordered as I see it has Bluetooth and I'm hoping to manage a cheaper way of getting my vinyls through the sonos speakers rather than shelling out on a Port

Soldato
Really on the fence as to what speaker we need for the kitchen. Was thinking maybe the ikea sonos speaker as it would just be hidden on top of the cabinets anyway... Then was thinking a Homepod mini would be good.... Then Sonos release this... Hmm...

Will be looking forward to the opinion of those who pre-ordered

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I'm feeling rather tempted by the Roam. I don't have a portable speaker, the Move is too large IMO (I already own some ones but again they are too large for where I would like a speaker), I don't need a portable speaker but when going away I seem to be the odd one out not having one.

So while I don't necessarily need a portable speaker, I do need something small for my desk for when I'd like to listen to podcasts and not want to block the outside world wearing my headphones.

Initially, like @Junglist was considering the ikea one to go on the shelf in front, but now the Roam is available, I suppose I could buy this and then the bonus is I have a portable speaker. While I know nobody may yet know this, could I leave it plugged in with the cable without damaging the battery? It would be good if it just operated off the usbc port.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I'm really torn. Bloody tech companies releasing stuff all the time!

My heart says the homepod Mini is still probably quite a good buy... But I do think spending the extra £60 could be worth the portability for it.

Back
Top Bottom