*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Many of you have shared valuable feedback on both the improvements that have made your experience better, as well as the areas where we fell short. We are listening to all of your comments and working to address them as quickly as possible. Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and performance issues. Thank you for your engagement and we look forward to building upon this first step to create a listening experience that meets everyone’s needs.

• Screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding and editing alarms: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June

Caporegime
Many of you have shared valuable feedback on both the improvements that have made your experience better, as well as the areas where we fell short. We are listening to all of your comments and working to address them as quickly as possible. Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and performance issues. Thank you for your engagement and we look forward to building upon this first step to create a listening experience that meets everyone’s needs.

• Screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding and editing alarms: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June
Dear alpha testers.......

They just need to give the option of rolling back until this crap is working properly.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s not that intuitive is it? I used to like bringing up all the speakers to select which one I wanted. Can still do that but it’s in the your system button which can only access once in the main menu page. Few extra button presses, not the end of the world but needless imo.

Caporegime
Headphones incoming?
Yeah looks that way.

I'm not really sure why though. I guess the USP will be wifi audio/TV listening but that limits the market to existing Sonos users only that can't figure out how to pair Bluetooth headphones to a TV and can tolerate the inevitable connectivity issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
Most of my radio stations are still buggered, they are on the mytuner service so no idea when that will be fixed.

There are other radio service provider apps, some stations are listed under Sonos Radio source which usually always works.

The global music service for addon still doesn't have last played etc, although they are working now.

Soldato
There are other radio service provider apps, some stations are listed under Sonos Radio source which usually always works.

The global music service for addon still doesn't have last played etc, although they are working now.
Thanks but the main station I listen to only comes under the MyTuner radio service.

Soldato
It’s a big no for me. I was expecting they’d behave like an extra Sonos speaker, but on your head. Instead, they’re essentially Bluetooth headphones with a button takeover the tv sound, but only if you have the Arc soundbar. Very disappointing. I was hoping I’d at least be able to listen to records wirelessly.

Caporegime
It’s a big no for me. I was expecting they’d behave like an extra Sonos speaker, but on your head. Instead, they’re essentially Bluetooth headphones with a button takeover the tv sound, but only if you have the Arc soundbar. Very disappointing. I was hoping I’d at least be able to listen to records wirelessly.
Yeah they can stream over WiFi but only Atmos content from the Arc and not lossless. Everything else is essentially standard Bluetooth headphone stuff.

Boring.

Last edited:
Soldato
This, for me they have missed the thing that makes Sonos Sonos ie the seamless audio listening via multiple speakers, moving the music with you etc. instead you have what is essentially an expensive pair of Bluetooth headphones with a very niche party trick I’m definitely out!

Oh and just to chip in on the new app what an absolute shower how they thought releasing it with loads of features missing was a good idea I will never know! Not supporting loads of long standing basic functionality like alarms and local libraries is frankly shocking and a much bigger miss step than when the orphaned off the old kit with the S1 app.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom