*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
What is the difference, they look identical on the Sonos site as do the specs?
Probably just improved internals, what’s really annoying is the Sonos kit is generally excellent, I was on the cusp of investing in some new era 100’s and moving my play 1’s to be surrounds in the lounge but now I’m not convinced they deserve my cash!

Soldato
I’m not sure why they updated the app, it worked brilliantly already. Sure they can spruce it up a bit but they must have gone further to break so many things so fundamentally. Hopefully they can get fixes out soon.

Soldato
TBH I found app performance before this update to be on the decline anyway. Seems to take longer and longer to connect to a speaker that is already playing when I open the app, this updated app now takes even longer. Iphone 14 Pro that (I think) is about 18 months old.
Including the soundbar, surrounds and sub in my TV room I have 11 speakers, some paired, in various locations around the house so I am deeply locked in to them.
Finding it takes so long to connect, Spotify isn't too bad but other services in particular Mixcloud is terrible. Just get the "something went wrong" message as it tries to play something from the list, then auto moves down to find something coming from my suggested feed before settling on something maybe 5 or 6 down the list. I have lost the ability to adjust the volume directly on the speakers too other than the Move. Can't add a song to a spotify playlist any more either.

Associate
I'm really concerned by what will break next.
I've got a load of Sonos stuff throughout the house, a mix of old and new.

I have to have both the S2 app and S1 app because newer Sonos Ones only run on S2, and the Amp that runs the garden became more and more unreliable under S2 that I had to revert to S1. So that's broken music seamlessly playing in the lounge and garden on a summer's day :(

And I have a Connect which is too old for S2 at all.

And I have frequent random dropouts which the app is no help troubleshooting

Soldato
Rule of thumb with Sonos is if your speakers work then turn off automatic updates and never update it
I've never had an issue in about ten years until this latest disaster, Sonos has been one of my best ever tech purchases until now even my wife got on with it and I have sold the idea to loads of mates down the years but now hmmmmm

Man of Honour
The whole app thing is a mess. There was the original Sonos app (did they rename it to S1?), then S2 which on release was pretty bad and made some of their speakers obsolete, and now another S2 (why did they not call is S3?) which has been pretty shocking if I'm honest.

Soldato
The whole app thing is a mess. There was the original Sonos app (did they rename it to S1?), then S2 which on release was pretty bad and made some of their speakers obsolete, and now another S2 (why did they not call is S3?) which has been pretty shocking if I'm honest.
I could understand the s1 s2 split as they simply couldn't support the old hardware forever and while the S2 app had some niggles it was nothing like this half baked madness this is one of the worst product role outs in history a technical disaster and all I hear from the company is that they have some crappy new headphones out that don’t even do the things that made Sonos famous!

Associate
Im also having trouble with the new app on mobile, it never finds anything on my system. I don't mind a GUI refresh, the old GUI was a bit clunky, but I dont understand why they have re-written/ broken previous well working parts of the app like the system discovery etc.

Back
Top Bottom