*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Arc ultra looks like a clear upgrade over the non ultra if you use as a stand alone. However it's not clear if there is any significant improvement when used in an existing surround setup. I probably won't upgrade; I'll keep my gen2 sub as well - the only difference is the gen4 is lighter and uses 50% less power

Yeah, I’m looking forward to reading some of the reviews, if a decent upgrade I will look at getting one next year, not in any rush.

Apologies if already mentioned but the Arc Ultra is not compatible with the Play One or Play Three, so I'd have to buy new surrounds if I change to the Ultra as well. Haven't heard anything about the old subs not being compatible but it's possible..if my gen2 sub is also not compatible then I'd have to replace my entire setup at significant cost

As for why the Gen4 sub is lighter, it's got fewer bits inside including the removal of the two directional tubes. Photos below, top is Gen4 bottom is Gen3. It's not yet clear how these changes impact the audio quality

Last edited:
No, you still get to keep the device and can still use it. Just their way of trying to get you to spend money and upgrade to the latest and greatest.

People sell devices on eBay for like £50 which you can add to your account and get 30% off. Quite a big saving if you were say buying a bar, sub and rear speakers.

Shows you here which products are eligible and their %

This is a great tip, thanks. Do you know if a speaker can be added to more than one account? I’m wondering if people get the discount then sell the speaker on again can the person that buys it still get the credit?

This is a great tip, thanks. Do you know if a speaker can be added to more than one account? I’m wondering if people get the discount then sell the speaker on again can the person that buys it still get the credit?

Sadly not but the ones on eBay they haven't claimed the discount yet or should state in the listing they haven't ;)

Back
Top Bottom