***Official Squad Thread***

Ok, that's cool! I had no idea what I was doing but being in a squad using comms was awesome. The map is HUGE! Just how it should be.

Instantly felt like the days of BF2 Project Reality!

Think I will finally give this a go over the weekend. How welcoming is the community to new players? Are there servers for newer players or ways to ease us In? Just how hard-core would you say it is? Arma is too much for me, but I have enjoyed day of infamy and insurgency quite a bit

Pushed out an update at some ungodly hour this morning
  • Mestia bug fixes.
  • Correctly named Yehorivka Invasion v2.
Don't forget to join us tomorrow, as we hit Twitch for Stack-Up for Veterans Day.

Had some awesome games tonight and made some new steam friends, it's a definite purchase for me, I'd love to play / learn from some of you ocuk guys.
Glad you enjoyed!
Think I will finally give this a go over the weekend. How welcoming is the community to new players? Are there servers for newer players or ways to ease us In? Just how hard-core would you say it is? Arma is too much for me, but I have enjoyed day of infamy and insurgency quite a bit
The majority of servers are welcoming as long as you use a microphone. Just join a squad, tell them that you're new and 9/10 your squad will help you out. As for how hardcore it is, it's not aiming to be a military simulation like Arma. We've aimed it between Arma and (the older) Battlefield series of games. There are groups out there who play with real military tactics and voice procedure but waaaaay more who don't, it's simply not needed. If you did want something a bit more hardcore then there is Squad Ops who run a 1 life event. With the upcoming modding release too there is about to be a lot more options in Squad!

I'll be on over the weekend (possibly tonight too) with some other devs who are going to be running squads for new people. If anyone is interested then just let me know.

• Mestia bug fixes.
Don't forget to join us tomorrow, as we hit Twitch for Stack-Up for Veterans Day.

Glad you enjoyed!

The majority of servers are welcoming as long as you use a microphone. Just join a squad, tell them that you're new and 9/10 your squad will help you out. As for how hardcore it is, it's not aiming to be a military simulation like Arma. We've aimed it between Arma and (the older) Battlefield series of games. There are groups out there who play with real military tactics and voice procedure but waaaaay more who don't, it's simply not needed. If you did want something a bit more hardcore then there is Squad Ops who run a 1 life event. With the upcoming modding release too there is about to be a lot more options in Squad!

I'll be on over the weekend (possibly tonight too) with some other devs who are going to be running squads for new people. If anyone is interested then just let me know.

Thanks for the reply, good to see you guys get involved with the community this already has me more interested in having a Go!

• Mestia bug fixes.

Glad you enjoyed!

what servers you likely to be on?

Back
Top Bottom