******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato

I really hope they can further improve the shore lines where the water hits the rocks. It looks like there is not interaction between them, just two surfaces passing right through each other. Dreaming here, but perhaps we can have some really advanced physics available that can be dedicated to a 2nd GPU for those passionate enough! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
. Dreaming here, but perhaps we can have some really advanced physics available that can be dedicated to a 2nd GPU for those passionate enough! :D
I knew someone who had a physx standalone card once. almost bought one myself. so glad I didn't. is 2nd GPU physx even supported now still? I know the standalone cards aren't.

Last edited:
Soldato
I knew someone who had a physx standalone card once. almost bought one myself. so glad I didn't. is 2nd GPU physx even supported now still? I know the standalone cards aren't.
Not now, but they could develop something similar. At a citicon a few years back, they've shown some cloth soft body physics done on the GPU and was to be developed further.

That AI quanta (or whatever it is called), could also be accelerated on the GPU. AMD proved back in the day you could do it... Alas, consoles and "lazy" devs keep the handbrake on when it comes to games development. :p

Soldato
Not now, but they could develop something similar. At a citicon a few years back, they've shown some cloth soft body physics done on the GPU and was to be developed further.

That AI quanta (or whatever it is called), could also be accelerated on the GPU. AMD proved back in the day you could do it... Alas, consoles and "lazy" devs keep the handbrake on when it comes to games development. :p
FYI, Christ Roberts actually developed the cloth tech btw ie he coded it

Caporegime
ArCjXEC.png

YGLIMoF.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
First, please excuse the weird colour, i had Auto HDR running and Relive records the HDR tone mapping so it looks like this.

Star Citizen at 4K native, Very High, Very High Clouds.

I though i would give it a proper go, and i'm pleasantly surprised, 3.23 is harder, right now, on the GPU than 3.22, but i'm getting quite reasonable frame rates at 4K proper.

RX 7800 XT, its a little power house this card.

Back
Top Bottom