******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
Thanks, looks like i best log back in before the update comes and do some spending. They surely don't leave players with 0 AUEC, so I assume it will be the default 20,000 in the bank!
Below is most of the ships i currently have, does anyone have any suggestions on what else to buy?
100i, Origin
135c, Origin
300i, Origin
315p, Origin
325a, Origin
350r, Origin
400i, Origin
600i Touring, Origin
85x, Origin
890 Jump, Origin
Aurora CL, RSI
Aurora ES, RSI
Aurora LN, RSI
Aurora LX, RSI
Aurora MR, RSI
Avenger Stalker, Aegis
Avenger Titan, Aegis
Avenger Titan Renegade, Aegis
Avenger Warlock, Aegis
Buccaneer, Drake
Carrack, Anvil
Caterpillar, Drake
Constellation Andromeda, RSI
Constellation Aquila, RSI
Constellation Phoenix, RSI
Constellation Taurus, RSI
Corsair, Drake
Cutlass Black, Drake
Cutlass Black Best In Show, Drake
Cutlass Blue, Drake
Cutlass Red, Drake
Cutlass Steel, Drake
Cutter, Drake
Defender, Banu
Eclipse, Aegis
F7C Hornet Wildfire, Anvil
F7C-S Hornet Ghost, Anvil
Freelancer, MISC
Freelancer DUR, MISC
Freelancer Max, MISC
Freelancer Mis, MISC
Fury, MISC
Fury LX, MISC
Gladius, Aegis
Gladius Valiant, Aegis
Hammerhead, Aegis
Herald, Drake
Hercules C2, Crusader
Hull A, MISC
Hull C, MISC
M50, Origin
Mantis, RSI
Mustang Alpha, CNOU
Mustang Beta, CNOU
Mustang Delta, CNOU
Mustang Gamma, CNOU
P-52 Merlin, Kruger
Pisces C8, Anvil
Pisces C8R Rescue, Anvil
Pisces C8X Expedition, Anvil
Prospector, MISC
Razor EX, MISC
Razor LX, MISC
Reclaimer, Aegis
Reliant Kore, MISC
Reliant Mako, MISC
Reliant Sen, MISC
Reliant Tana, MISC
Retaliator Bomber, Aegis
Sabre Comet, Aegis
Scorpius, RSI
Scorpius Antares, RSI
Starfarer, MISC
Starfarer Gemini, MISC
Vanguard Warden, Aegis
Vulture, Drake
I thought all ships bought with Ingame money was getting wiped???

Soldato
Thanks, looks like i best log back in before the update comes and do some spending. They surely don't leave players with 0 AUEC, so I assume it will be the default 20,000 in the bank!
Below is most of the ships i currently have, does anyone have any suggestions on what else to buy?
100i, Origin
135c, Origin
300i, Origin
315p, Origin
325a, Origin
350r, Origin
400i, Origin
600i Touring, Origin
85x, Origin
890 Jump, Origin
Aurora CL, RSI
Aurora ES, RSI
Aurora LN, RSI
Aurora LX, RSI
Aurora MR, RSI
Avenger Stalker, Aegis
Avenger Titan, Aegis
Avenger Titan Renegade, Aegis
Avenger Warlock, Aegis
Buccaneer, Drake
Carrack, Anvil
Caterpillar, Drake
Constellation Andromeda, RSI
Constellation Aquila, RSI
Constellation Phoenix, RSI
Constellation Taurus, RSI
Corsair, Drake
Cutlass Black, Drake
Cutlass Black Best In Show, Drake
Cutlass Blue, Drake
Cutlass Red, Drake
Cutlass Steel, Drake
Cutter, Drake
Defender, Banu
Eclipse, Aegis
F7C Hornet Wildfire, Anvil
F7C-S Hornet Ghost, Anvil
Freelancer, MISC
Freelancer DUR, MISC
Freelancer Max, MISC
Freelancer Mis, MISC
Fury, MISC
Fury LX, MISC
Gladius, Aegis
Gladius Valiant, Aegis
Hammerhead, Aegis
Herald, Drake
Hercules C2, Crusader
Hull A, MISC
Hull C, MISC
M50, Origin
Mantis, RSI
Mustang Alpha, CNOU
Mustang Beta, CNOU
Mustang Delta, CNOU
Mustang Gamma, CNOU
P-52 Merlin, Kruger
Pisces C8, Anvil
Pisces C8R Rescue, Anvil
Pisces C8X Expedition, Anvil
Prospector, MISC
Razor EX, MISC
Razor LX, MISC
Reclaimer, Aegis
Reliant Kore, MISC
Reliant Mako, MISC
Reliant Sen, MISC
Reliant Tana, MISC
Retaliator Bomber, Aegis
Sabre Comet, Aegis
Scorpius, RSI
Scorpius Antares, RSI
Starfarer, MISC
Starfarer Gemini, MISC
Vanguard Warden, Aegis
Vulture, Drake
Wow. All in game purchases?

Associate
Wow. All in game purchases?
Yes, apart from the Cutty black (BIS). I started by renting a ROC to mine, then bought one to keep going to afford a Vulture. After that I did a lot of grinding to get the Reclaimer and from then on, it was solo money printing :).
I don't mind a wipe but i think at present it would be best to let the money stay, so more ships etc. are bought in game for testing all round, I have also donated millions to help others buy and test ships out (as have many other people). Without the money flowing, most people will be stuck with starter ships or maybe 1 or two upgrades bought in game which means many things won't get as thoroughly tested before a more balanced/stable version is released with more gameplay (4.0?).

Last edited:
Soldato
i still wait for the day of the final wipe..... i just hope it does actually come. You guys who have sunk many many hours into it already, are you not worried about burnout before the game is even in stable release?

I know some here just dip in and out to check out releases, but that list above is a huge list of ingame purchases which are about to be deleted. that would kill me (metaphorically)

Last edited:
Soldato
i still wait for the day of the final wipe..... i just hope it does actually come. You guys who have sunk many many hours into it already, are you not worried about burnout before the game is even in stable release?

I know some here just dip in and out to check out releases, but that list above is a huge list of ingame purchases which are about to be deleted. that would kill me (metaphorically)
Even past launch there will be new patches with new content.

They still have 98 star systems to add post pyro ;)

Caporegime

I have been playing this game on a regular basis for about 8 years, there are gaps, weeks when i don't play it.

i don't worry about burnout , its not the same game today that it was 8 years ago, its not completely different but its evolved a huge amount in that time, and its changing again, right now, it is only now morphing in to its final state.

Soldato
I have been playing this game on a regular basis for about 8 years, there are gaps, weeks when i don't play it.

i don't worry about burnout , its not the same game today that it was 8 years ago, its not completely different but its evolved a huge amount in that time, and its changing again, right now, it is only now morphing in to its final state.
Even 3.23 is quite different then 3.22 patch!

Caporegime
Yes it is.... ^^^^^
----------

On further reflection, while the games mechanics, general look and feel are now being finalised and locked in, there is a massive amount of content still to be added to it, several Stanton or larger like star systems, Pyro, Nyx, Odin and a couple of others of which the named 3 are known to be done, ready and waiting, you can see the Pyro jumpgate in Stanton, the other two are also thought to be getting ready.

Then the rest of the star system, see here.... https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap

Also personal homesteads, like persistent personal hangers, base building, crafting, in the last Inside Star Citizen they dropped "building your own Idris" on us.... its like 'Wait, what? that level of crafting is happening????
Then all the NPC mission givers, the mission loops.... what little we have now is very place holder.

There is a massive amount still coming before this thing is done.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It'll never be done, it'll just be a case of how they frame it, alpha/beta/release.

This is why complete wipes aren't happening IMHO, this IS the game we are playing, they want that progression locked in to keep us interested as they need to pretend to make significant progress by giving "major updates" which have lots of the promised content missing or "Delayed" then drip fed over the next few months.

Settle in folks, we're already playing Star Citizen, we've just not officially been told :D

Caporegime
Who is old enough to remember this?

I'll be going there one day to meet sandwurmie.

rPGhoMn.png

Soldato
It'll never be done, it'll just be a case of how they frame it, alpha/beta/release.

This is why complete wipes aren't happening IMHO, this IS the game we are playing, they want that progression locked in to keep us interested as they need to pretend to make significant progress by giving "major updates" which have lots of the promised content missing or "Delayed" then drip fed over the next few months.

Settle in folks, we're already playing Star Citizen, we've just not officially been told :D
I would be fine with all the above........ however your comment about the wipes would be key. it is the only thing keeping me out (i could cope with partial wipes where all my money spent etc was restored but maybe ships were taken away due to bugs - but refunded)

however i believe you are mistaken and there will be more full wipes on the way. I reckon CIG will make a very loud announcement when the game goes into what could be a v1.0 which i believe will be the point where, whilst not content complete, there will be no more wipes (aside for possible rollbacks for un expected issues, as well as wipes due to explointing etc)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would be fine with all the above........ however your comment about the wipes would be key. it is the only thing keeping me out (i could cope with partial wipes where all my money spent etc was restored but maybe ships were taken away due to bugs - but refunded)

however i believe you are mistaken and there will be more full wipes on the way. I reckon CIG will make a very loud announcement when the game goes into what could be a v1.0 which i believe will be the point where, whilst not content complete, there will be no more wipes (aside for possible rollbacks for un expected issues, as well as wipes due to explointing etc)

CIG have just jacked the in game prices of ships right up, much to the disappointment of some, but what they are not getting is that CIG are now pushing for that 1.0 and rapidly.

After 3.23, which will go live in a few days from now if not this week, there will be one or two more 3.23.X patches in quick succession to get the rest of the 3.23 content and mechanics in, those being mainly persistent personal hangers and some other bits.

After that its 4.0, which is server meshing and Pyro at least.

After that, 1.0.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom