*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Associate
tempted to finish levelling my characters, never got past 44 without wanting to reroll lol.

Is the free to play model alright for just levellig or is it worth subbing?

Soldato
Been playing it for 3 days and really getting the fun of it. I have a Jedi Sentinel (lvl27) and a Vanguard trooper (lvl13) rolled on The Red Eclipse server. Plenty of people there for doing Flashpoints and Heroics. Tried a bit of PvP - highly unbalanced with lvl 13 against a team of 20's.

I recommend not PvPing till level 20-25, you get more abilities on the journey towards those levels.

Soldato
Why is the Free option a lie?
You can take a character from levels 1-50 and complete their entire story without spending a single penny.
Does exactly what it says on the tin.

The problem is those people who "had everything" when being subscribed and then find that in the free model they don't. Suddenly it's lacking.
A person who has never played the game before can play totally free and not miss anything they never had.
Free model is restricted, of course it is, however still allows you to complete the characters full story.

Associate
It's not a restriction, it's a bloody chokehold, designed to force players into paying. F2P in SWTOR is a farce, a marketing bullet point to get higher numbers of 'active accounts'.

Associate
Thinking of giving this another go to see how it's progressed. Played from beta till some point between 1.1 and 1.2, which looks like early last year. :eek:

I'll just sub for a month I think, the F2P system will irritate me anyway and it seems you get the expansion for free if subbing?

I don't think any of my guild/mates are playing these days, is there enough to do solo in the new content? I've got a 50 Assassin which I'd like to get to 55, maybe look at levelling another class too. I'm on The Progenitor which seems to be still around.

Associate
I don't think any of my guild/mates are playing these days, is there enough to do solo in the new content? I've got a 50 Assassin which I'd like to get to 55, maybe look at levelling another class too. I'm on The Progenitor which seems to be still around.

Plenty to do at level 50-55

New Planet Makeb
Section X - Daily Area
3 Ops - Karraga's Palace, The Eternity Vault, Explosive Conflict.
Hard mode flash points
PVP

From the 27th Nov until 2nd Dec it will be double XP. If you in a guild you will get another 10% too. So you can level very quick.

Associate
Dulfy.net has given a great preview on what we can expect with the new expansion. I must say its sounding really good. A lot of people have been playing it and there is some great feedback.

Will give it a go this weekend. :)

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/14/swtor-galactic-starfighter-expansion-preview/

Some others bits too on ships and components.

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/11/swtor-galactic-starfighter-ships-and-components-guide/#more-64260

Starfighter companions and crew guides.

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/14/swtor-galactic-starfighter-companions-and-crew-guide/#more-64676

Associate
As a subscriber, I have been receiving monthly Cartel credits. So after returning o the game, I bought a pack of randomn vice-admiral dropboxes. These supplied me with some adaptive weapons and armour. I know that the armour adjusts to the level of the character and with the level of mods, but are they better than the named loot from bosses (like in Flashpoints)?

Associate
As a subscriber, I have been receiving monthly Cartel credits. So after returning o the game, I bought a pack of randomn vice-admiral dropboxes. These supplied me with some adaptive weapons and armour. I know that the armour adjusts to the level of the character and with the level of mods, but are they better than the named loot from bosses (like in Flashpoints)?

I believe you're supposed to put the mods from named Flashpoints/Ops into the adaptive armour.

Associate

As Outline said. You move your mods and enhancements etc to the cartel market gear. It's just cosmetic.

Associate
So I'm on the PTS and playing Galactic Starfighter. If you like War Thunder or World of Warplanes you will love this. It's fantastic.

A couple of photos of the UI. You can see the different options above, Ships, Crew, Components etc . I will do a video and try upload that tomorrow.

Streaming now.

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

s8ef.png

mlah.png

qa52.png

h96v.png

Photos in game.

n0ah.png

itig.png

1xxf.png

hpue.png

pdep.png