*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Soldato
Yep, my Assassin is level 42, so i'm getting my Operative and Powertech as close to her level as i can.

I haven't touched my level 55 Juggernaut for a good couple of weeks, need class buffs.

Soldato
Installed this (again) the other night, expected the worst but was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable it now was.

The one thing I wanted this to have on release was PvP in space and now it has I might re-sub, anyone had a go and can give a summary of good or bad ?

Soldato
It isn't, unless you do PvE, just be prepared for a couple of suicides as you get used to the controls, barrel rolls are the common cause of deaths due to crashing into an object.

Gunships have a powerful rail gun that can basically snipe people, scouts can counter this with their speed but are squishy, and strikes are basically defined as the tank by the player base despite the gunship is labelled as being it by BioWare, but strike fighters are awesome overall.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tempted to try this again but dont want to sub straight up, i had an Operative when i first played but fancy rerolling to learn again, gunslinger maybe. How is it now f2p? do they basically force your hand into subbing by making pretty much everything rubbish unless you do?

Associate
Tempted to try this again but dont want to sub straight up, i had an Operative when i first played but fancy rerolling to learn again, gunslinger maybe. How is it now f2p? do they basically force your hand into subbing by making pretty much everything rubbish unless you do?

If you just want to test the water and see how you feel about the game, F2P will be fine for you. But yeah, if you want to play it semi-seriously, you'll need to sub. They make the game very inconvenient in F2P.

Soldato
It really is the worst f2p model I've played, I understand they want to make money but new players are so limited in what they can do.

Having said that I am enjoying my BH Merc with heal spec which feels quite OP in warfronts :p

found a decent video of the space combat PvP... looks great!

Associate
Agree about the f2p model its pants!!

But you have to remember you can still play each story, that's level 1-55 (as you get Makeb free now) without spending anything. That's a **** load of content and the stories are fantastic, well most of them.

Soldato
It really is the worst f2p model I've played, I understand they want to make money but new players are so limited in what they can do.

Having said that I am enjoying my BH Merc with heal spec which feels quite OP in warfronts :p

found a decent video of the space combat PvP... looks great!

I don't get it.
Paying absolutely nothing you can take 1 of (or all) 8 different advanced classes from level 1-55.
You see the whole story for that character and that will cost you absolutely nothing.
Make a single purchase from the cartel market and become preferred and still by paying no monthly fee you have a host of new features added - again all for a single £10 purchase.

Sure if you want to do everything you subscribe. But saying the "free option is rubbish". No. You can play the whole game from 1-55 for free. That is absolutely not rubbish.

If you've subbed before then of course you will "miss" features you had if you now go free. However you don't miss what you've never had, so anybody coming to this game for the first time will miss nothing.

Associate
I don't get it.

If you've subbed before then of course you will "miss" features you had if you now go free. However you don't miss what you've never had, so anybody coming to this game for the first time will miss nothing.

They cripple playing the game in the F2P model. It's been said many, many times, that yes, you can create a character and play the game.

But if you want to play the game as a MMO, with PvP, Operations, the GTN, literally any convenience, then you have to subscribe. It's essentially a demo for the game, and at every point during it, you're (not forced, but highly encouraged) to subscribe, or spend a ludicrous amount of money in cartel coins.

I don't think anyone's really annoyed that it's there... It probably has brought new players in, and there are even some people who want to play it completely single player, for which F2P is fine. But it's more that they were forced to go F2P because of a terrible launch, and rapidly decreasing player base. After they switched, these restrictions were put in place to cripple semi-serious players that didn't want to subscribe; so for them at least, it's not F2P at all.

Associate
Im very annoyed as i have a high level bounty hunter and for me to be able to play him again i need to sub...imo i think its totally backwards why sould i be forced to pay a sub when its serposed to be f2p when i have already got some toons never mind the fact i have to start again from the start. it is a shame cos its a good game just not good enough to sub for me lol

Soldato
couldn't agree more with that Outline.

however :p, I just grabbed a 60day game time card for £11 so I can PvP in space :cool:!! what the hell it's xmas !!

Associate
Well the star fighter battles are great fun! Haven't played much recently but resubbed a while ago and got a Sentinel to lvl38, pretty sure I won't be playing anything else for a while it's quite impressive in scale both maps and customisation.

Soldato
Well so far re-subbing has been well worth it. The space combat 12v12 is superb, fast and smooth with some good dog fighting.

As for normal arena PvP it just seems far more playable and fun, can happily play that all day long.

Associate
Sorry for late reply bud, my chars are on The Red Eclipse server (after the recent server merge). Can't decide on a main class tbh so have 8 on the go :p

No worries pal. If you looking for a guild give me a shout. Nice friendly lot. You don't have to raid(unless you looking to raid) but if you just looking for some social let me know. The extra 10% xp also helps.

What you looking at doing healer, tank , dps? Jugg is great for tanking, Operative is a good healer.

They all fun to be honest. Only story I was disappointed with was the Bounty Hunter :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom