*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Soldato
Can I have a house too please :o?

Makes sense I guess, it'll prevent the inevitable appearance of ghost towns that seem to crop up when there's player housing. I hope the customisation inside the ship is up to standard!

Ghost towns were cool though, they were usually places I would use to hide from the one or two BH on my server you didnt want to fight :) good times :(

Soldato
Open world housing would be excellent, but from what I've seen of this game so far, not in a million years.

You'll get a doorway somewhere that will lead to an instanced hangar where you can get at your ship. The vids look cool, but instanced = meh

Associate
Potentially better as they will have focused on creating the world than leaving blank spots! Keep all the housing and stuff out of teh way so its there! and not detract from the world theyve created!
Winba!

Soldato
You do realise LucasArts wants SWG and TOR to run alongside each other? Meaning, putting elements from SWG into TOR kills SWG. It's their plan to get SWG's numbers back up by getting players to dabble in both games, hence providing more money.

Soldato
Sorry, how exactly do you know that?

Lucasarts interview i read the other week, they have no intention of pulling the plug on SWG, they want it to co-exist with TOR.

Each game will have elements that players want, but both games won't share certain elements, such as player housing and the crafting system from SWG.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/923/923493p1.html

If people automatically thought TOR would be the death of SWG then you're clearly wrong. If both of these games coexist together and don't contain elements from both games, then more money comes LucasArts' way, it's all about the greed these days.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ghost towns were cool though, they were usually places I would use to hide from the one or two BH on my server you didnt want to fight :) good times :(

I was once tracking a Jedi who happened to be doing the same thing, and it turned out to be one of my old mates!

I let him off... (should read: "I bottled it and ran away.")

Soldato
Well fair play Wes for actually having a link and all :)

Edit - hmm, I'm not sure I buy everything he's saying mind you, given that they've basically been trying to make SWG as much a WoW type experience as possible in since the NGE. The open towns and the like are relics of the old game that are just too much trouble to change, not something they're actively pushing.

I'm not sure they really know what they want with regards to SWG.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They're developing the story now, so i'd expect that next. They also have two more profession specializations to implement as well.

Good good, thats the one thing I havent seen yet, some footage of the player surrounded by dozens and dozens of other players, either out in the "wilds" or in a city situation. Thats the bit I want to see.

Soldato
Is this still set for 25/03 release date?

Just asking as there doesn't seem to be the buzz you'd expect for a MMO Star Wars game being released in a few weeks time

Back
Top Bottom