** Official** Starfield - Mods and Tweaks

Soldato
Thread to discuss modding the game. I'll update the OP with some links and info as we go.

Display:

Reshade:

DLSS:

Graphics / Textures:

General:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Some tips and tricks from Reddit.

1. The scanner highlights lootable items.

2. When lock-picking, if you rotate a key, then switch to a different one (Using LB + RB), the first one will stay in the position you left it. This is helpful for figuring out which keys to utilize.

2.1 Below there is a helpful video guide to lock-picking.

3. If you are playing with a controller, Bumper Jumper is so helpful for shooting while jumping. I set Right Bumper as jump and Y as grenade.

4. You can sort your loot by mass and value, which makes searching for useless heavy items to discard much easier.

5. You can set weapons as favorites so you can quickly switch between them in combat using the d-pad for controller.

6. You can travel to other planets/locations without using the map by opening your scanner and clicking on the icons. (credit to u/DionysusDerp )

7. As soon as you exit your ship upon arriving to New Atlantis, at the spaceport, there is a terminal to the right of the ramp immediately in front of you.

7.1 It allows you tell sell any items you have in your inventory and your ships inventory regardless of type. (Stores will only buy items they sell, EG gun stores will only buy guns)

7.2 Also, be sure to check the credits the terminal has available, in the upper corner as once it's depleted you will be selling items for nothing.

8. hide space suit in settlements in the inventory -> suits menu. (there's a button down at the bottom)

9. The scanner also gives you a path to your objective.

10. The game actually has a cover system, you can stand near the edge of a wall and aim down sites to pop in and out of cover as demonstrated below.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Caporegime
Quantum Reshade was a performance hog, I'd recommend using this reshade instead

Clarity Plus ReShade (MartinSpielt) - Color and Black Level Fix

Then add the sharpen via the Reshade menu yourself

Soldato
For 32:9 -

StarfieldPrefs.ini
==========
add these :
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=1
iSize W=5120
iSize H=1440

In same location add file

StarfieldCustom.ini
============
[Display]
fWideAspectLimit=3.55556

Caporegime
Another Reshade just dropped

By removing the green tint fog in game and making the texture more clear, DECENT ReShade gives you more natural images. It's optimized for gameplay, so it won't cause much performance hit.

Associate
Can't see a mod yet but according to a post on reddit this console command let's you carry more. You also need the enable achievement mod on nexus as well I think.

player.setav carryweight 99999

Can't try it myself yet as not at home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom