** Official Tekken 7 Thread **

Soldato
OP
Someting tells me it might come. There are quite a lot console games that have been released for PC, e.g. Final Fantasy, MGS V, DoA5 etc.

Plus, Tekken has already found its way to Xbox and the latest iteration is made using UE4.

Soldato
OP
Namco have said somewhere that they're considering a PC release, so I think there's a genuine chance it will come at some point. I'd love to see Yakuza on PC as well.

EDIT: Dang, there's been survey to gauge interest for Fated Retribution on PC and I missed it:(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Personally, Tekken has always been about the single-player for me. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the odd bout with friends, but the competitive scene doesn't interest me in the slightest. It's all about seeing those glorious endings for each character!

Same with me, not that interested in online, I just like learning combos/fighting with the AI, unlocking endings, customising and trying different characters and generally enjoying the combat.

That's why I'm not to fussed about the size of the playerbase as long as there's someone to play in an occasional online match.

Damn, I know I shouldn't buy it now as I still have games to finish but I might cave in:p

Soldato
OP
All right, grabbed the retail as it was cheaper than the key alone:p There's a short manual in the box and a thick plastic card with the Steam code in a holder, will keep the lot just for the hell of it as the boxart is nice:p

Soldato
OP
In no way is this game a 1/10, even with such nitpicking, let's be realistic. I don't think I can even name a game I played that would deserve such a low score.

+1

I am not having any of his issues and really enjoying it. Just glad it is on PC.

Now we need Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter on PC :)

Nice. If you or anyone wants an easy opponent to play with online at some point, get in touch via trust and I add you to steam. I also have MKX, SFV and DoA5. I am equally rubbish at them all, but enjoy them anyway. Can t be asked to master combos and stuff :p

Gladly:) I'll just install it in the evening as I'm still not home and have a couple of matches to brush up on the basics. I haven't played a fighting game in years:p

Agreed about VF, that's the only fighter I like more than Tekken. I'd be chuffed to bits if they made VF6.

Soldato
OP
Been hearing a lot of good stuff about this Nier: Automata. I will give it a go at some point once it drops in price :D

Trust me, you don't even know what's headed your way:D I understand people wanting to wait for a bargain on this one but it's easily worth it at full price. I wasn't joking when I said that it might be my game of the generation in many regards. To me, in terms of experience I'm getting out of it and its utter uniqueness, it's the most important game released in recent years. And that damn OST just crushes everything else...
It's hard to describe without saying too much so don't even read the reviews etc. (you might be surprised just how highly regarded this game is:p) And set audio to Japanese when you get it:p

Soldato
OP
Had a run yesterday, feels very nice and runs great but there is indeed very little SP content. I don't get this trend of sequels having less stuff than prequels. Graphics are quite pretty.

Online sucks so far, if it connects it's fluid and lag-free but I couldn't connect with 5 players in a row yesterday and my connection is pretty fast...

Overall, it's good fun.

Soldato
OP
I fancy Neir Automata and also intended to wait for the price to drop. However, I've been put off a bit after buying Bayonetta - whilst it's undoubtedly a really cool and fun game, it just didn't grab me the way I expected it too and I actually haven't gone back to it for a few weeks. Is Neir Automata more of the same compared to Bayonetta?

Nope, Bayo is a pure action game, Nier is an Action RPG (or is it?) with both very good action and very well implemented RPG elements. The story goes a lot deeper conceptually and thematically and it's in a completely different vein, there's even some quite tastefully done symbolism you might not even notice. The combat has a slight whiff of Bayo but is far less silly and over-the-top.

The atmosphere is also completely different, it feels like some sort of quirky outlandish fairytale. Automata was made on a very small budget an certainly won't win any awards for graphics but the artstyle is great, as is the feel of the movement/combat. The combat animations are incredibly detailed.

Ultimately, it's a Yoko Taro game, if you're a bit more open-minded about narratives/characters/settings I think you'll get lost in this quirky and bizarre world.

Without quoting the reviews, the bottom line is, Nier is IMO the most important and unique release in recent years. You won't find such strange charm and elegance anywhere else. And such music.

Oh just thought of something when I was playing ranked matches I was going from warm up mode and that was working perfectly, so maybe try going from warm up mode if you wasn't already.

I did some some quick matches and ranked matches with warm-up yesterday and it's the same. The problem is also gaining attention on forums, it seems. I doubt seven people in a row would instantly decline a match.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, loads of people are talking about it so the issue is quite widespread. Harada said they'll be changing the matchmaking system soon.

Soldato
OP
Damn, some of those treasure mode unlocks are properly ridiculous:p Trying to learn Jin a bit, it's been 10 years since I last played Tekken:D

Soldato
OP
I've unlocked some T-shirts, jeans and Jin's signature Flame Pants so far.

EDIT: And some healthbars and a different character portrait for Jin

Soldato
OP
I'm playing Jin now, I played different characters in 5 and 6. Trying to get past beginner level:p I've had a really looong break from the series but the charm is still there even if you suck.

What ****** me off, though, is Namco's total neglect of SP content... Tekken 6 was a lot more fleshed out in this regard (I don't get how 7 can have less content with such an immense gap between the two). How could they remove arcade ladders with endings for each character and shoehorn everything into the Saga?:mad: I've yet to play the story but I've heard character stories are just one-off encounters! WTF!

If the online community does out quickly, I'll be extremely miffed.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I'm glad it came but they shouldn't have removed those features. There was even a beat'em'up minigame called Tekken Force in 6 and it had actual levels! Other minigames were also pretty enjoyable.

I don't care for the cut characters as the current roster covers everyone I'll ever play as but it'd be great if they released some free DLC with additional SP content like modes or mini games and stuff to unlock.

Back
Top Bottom