• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The game has released.

Our inability to play the game doesn't mean it's not released, it's just archaic and artificial means which prevent us from playing.

Has it? I was under the impression the PC version launches in America first on the 25TH and the UK version launches on the 28TH. Did they (Eidos) release the game early?

Caporegime
Steam news says it's out :p

And people have unlocked it using VPN's, so it has launched in some regions.

Ah so not officially out then.

I see that on steam, well they lie unless its out in some region im unaware of. Of course they could just be promoting piracy. :D

EDIT

Its released in Japan already? :confused:

Wish they'd just release it everywhere at the same time. Hate it when games do this.

Caporegime
Piracy doesn't happen until games have launched really, they're rarely anything over than clone disks.

So it's probably launched in some regions, US and the UK aren't the only regions, but it's all that the Wiki page has really.

So it has officially launched (In fact, ever since the preload it's been artificial) otherwise we're getting onto semantics on official launches (By stretch the PS4 hasn't launched yet officially etc)

Soldato
Follow up to my previous point performance in game seems to be a lot better than the benchmark (this is in relation to single card, haven't bothered to reenable crossfire).

The default brightness is far too bright, I had to knock it down three notches. Screenshots:

Soldato
So I unlocked the game early using a japanese vpn. No gameplay comments as I have literally played 2 mins but I am astounded that an AMD gaming evolved title has such poor crossfire implementation. These are benchmark results:

1080p Maximum possible settings

Single 290x: Avg fps 65.8

Dual 290x: Avg fps 71.8

Trifire 290x Avg fps 66.5

The best run was in fact the single card as the delta between minimums and max were a lot smaller (between 55 and 75) whereas the crossfire results were as low as 25 up to 125.

Anyway can only hope AMD release some new drivers or a patch is released. Will play on a single card now until this is sorted as it's a stuttery mess for me in crossfire.

I know it's maximum settings, but I was expecting much better performance than this given the age of the engine!
Maybe there will be a use for Mantle!

Soldato
OP
So I unlocked the game early using a japanese vpn.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

I used these settings:

297b7e9558a87bb1fdd140926d091024.jpg

c428dc63e71838e2cfead70dbc77039c.jpg

Single 290X: 67.7 fps avg, 14.1 Beta [email protected]

The BM reports a 'delayed start' at the beginning with minimums always@0 fps.

Caporegime
Game is muck. So linear it isn't even funny. I know it is set in olden times but to make the girl Thief (no idea who she is) have rickets when she walks is a bit poor. Get from A to B and cue cut scene and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom