• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** Official Titan owners thread. ****

Soldato
I will be in a few hours. post up user benches, pics, any new info that comes along.

please don't ruin yet another thread with bickering and price complaints.

Associate
Reposting the CUDA Rendering Benchmark Results from the other thread, thanks to "Brian" from Vray forums:

Here is the first (as I can see it), benchmark comparing CUDA performance within VRay RT using GPU-enhancement: VERY promising!

BENCHMARK RESULTS: TITAN V 680 CUDA RENDERING IN VRAY RT

I have compared an EVGA GTX 680 4gb Classified, overclocked with a slightly overclocked EVGA GTX Titan Superclocked. I used the test file referred to in this thread and ran the latest RT. Here are the results, at 1920x1152 sized image:
680 OpenCL = 1m 48.3s
680 CUDA = 0m 44.1s

Titan OpenCL = 1m 42.7s
Titan CUDA = 0m 29.9s

I am not an expert VRay user, by any means. I have appreciated all the help I have received in this forum, so I wanted to share my interesting results!
Also - the 680 GTX was tweaked for max performance, the Titan is not.

Notice that OpenCL is totally broken with the current drivers, so ignore that result. But that time saving is HUGE. Very significant. This is what we were hoping for!

EDIT: That was from a chap called Brian on the VRay forums, so not publicly accessible unless you own Vray.

47% speed boost over a 680!

Soldato
Meanwhile, greg prepares for his imminent assault on the Benchmark runs...

igloo.png

Enjoy your toys boys.

Looking forward to the results.:D

Back
Top Bottom