• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** Official Titan owners thread. ****

Soldato
I will be in a few hours. post up user benches, pics, any new info that comes along.

please don't ruin yet another thread with bickering and price complaints.

Soldato
OP
I noticed not sure what i am doing wrong here a bit new to forum posting:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

there is an extra "/" on the end of the link you used - if you copy the link location and delete the "/" off the end it works, so you need to edit what is inside the link tag

what comes in the box with it? apart from the mousemat

Soldato
OP
An i7 920 may struggle a bit with 3 :)

No sign of more of the Asus cards arriving today yet, starting to think it'll be tomorrow before they show up - getting really impatient for mine to be sent out.

any chance you can change your order to the Gigabytes? there seem to be more of them about at the moment

Soldato
OP
if you have an Ivybridge CPU then it is "on" by default.
On the Sandy-E you need to do a reg-hack (or use nvidia's own utility that rarely works) to get it to run in PCIe mode

I tried this previously and it would hang my system, but I bumped some voltages and now it works flawlessly

Soldato
OP
Shouldn't need to use that as Titans are native Gen 3

doesn't matter, so are 670's, it's not the graphics card that makes the difference it is the fact that Intel do not officially support PCIe 3.0 on Sandy-E and neither do Nvidia - to enable it you need to force it on in the nvidia drivers (as mentioned, sometimes my CPU craps out when you try it - but bumping some of the voltages re-stabilised it for me)

Who buys 3 titans....They cost more than my car...

Jelous much.

I have been very lucky to be in a position to be able to do this right now, I wouldn't have been able to a year ago

Soldato
OP
quick couple of scores, didn't manage to grab screenshots yet as been messing about trying to get higher clocks but ending up with lower scores lol

stock, Heaven Valley, boost 993mhz, 2679 points
OC 1137 peak boost, but mainly 1084, 2945 points

Soldato
OP
I think these things will "power Limit" and I'm thinking there will be next to little settings juggling that will make much of a difference.

Mines is running at 93% when it throttles because of heat (even though it's nowhere near the temp target i set for it, over 70C they start to throttle quite quickly... i can see these doing over 1200 on water pretty easy

Soldato
OP
It's not just heat that's monitored, It's max power draw that will limit the card, "current limited", I don't really know how they estimate % load (I suspect current) also, but it may not make 100% before the brakes go on.

Bottom line is they may not run that much faster when water cooled.

It's doing the same thing my 670's did on air... the peak boost and voltage readings are not stable, as soon as the temp hits 70c then the boost and volts start dipping off... i got an extra 70-100 mhz peak watercooling my 670's and the peak became stable and i think these will do the same

Soldato
OP
Titan arrived and installed, it is a beast. Taken both top spots for Firestrike 3D Mark and Heaven Valley benchmarks, that was on the first run and air cooled :p.

I may put this under water one day to see what it can really do. Happy with air cooler for now, it looks so nice :p.

I've already done 2945 on air so don't expect to keep the top spot for very long :D

Soldato
OP
Interesting to see the low memory clock, why are they not going straight in at 1750/1850, are they different memory chips ?

I did my best score last night on +250 memory... I did +300 and it actually lowered the score (hence why I didn't get a screeny of my best score)
and my boost clock is being hampered by temps... driving 6GB of memory may well be the limiting factor rather than the chips themselves

having said that, I do have 3 cards so I can swap them about and see which one is the best clocker

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
At least you have a time ;) don't forget to pick up Titan drivers and latest precisionX

having the latest bios for you mobo ready might be a good idea too

I used Gigabyte @BIOS to get "the latest" and it wanted to install F11... I actually had to go to their website to get F12p which was needed to get the Titan's to boot

Soldato
OP
tonight, I will mostly be putting my cards in my machine one at a time to see how they clock... then on monday night... putting waterblocks on them and seeing how much of a difference that makes :D

Soldato
OP
If I am honest, I was expecting tough but that is seriously tough. Everything was set to the max and that was unplayable. 2*MSAA wasn't much better in honest but playable.

I've done a bit of testing with IQ on Crysis 3 and SMAAx2 is the best IQ / best performance option... the MSAA implementation seems fundamentally broken as it looks rubbish unless on 8x and the frame rate hit of 2x is nearly as bad

there are also some known frame rate killing objects in Crysis 3 at the moment and Crytek have said they will be releasing a patch to tidy up performance soon

I would steer clear of Crysis 3 as a proper benchmarking tool for a while until they get the bugs worked out - it is the game rather than the cards that are at fault

Soldato
OP
my EK blocks arrive on monday, the noise is too much for me to be too bothered with overclocking them on air... one of them I did manage 1175 out of at one point though, so I'm expecting good things once they are on water

Soldato
OP
3 way SLI drivers definitely need a bit of work - utilisation in most things is sitting at 70-80%, and CPU utilisation is at less than 50% when it's doing it, so there is a hell of a lot of performance potential left in the tank

waterblocks have just arrived so tonight / tomorrow will see about getting them hooked up
(been meaning to move my desk so will do that while my system is drained down but depends how much of a pain that all decides to be)

and the replacement for my busted monitor should be here in the next couple of days as well so will be able to get some figures for 7680x1440 gaming over the weekend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom