*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
A quick USG question, when doing port forwarding you can add a source address, can you add multiple source addresses?

EDIT: found answer, basically duplicate the rule with different source addresses, not the tidiest but workable.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just got the long range unifi version, but Its still not getting the wifi into the gargen. I have ordered the tp link 1750 extender, in the hope its going to extend the wifi into the garden with still being nice and stable. But if this fails would a green lite unifi work wireless with my LR unifi?

Soldato
I have just got the long range unifi version, but Its still not getting the wifi into the gargen. I have ordered the tp link 1750 extender, in the hope its going to extend the wifi into the garden with still being nice and stable. But if this fails would a green lite unifi work wireless with my LR unifi?

The green UniFi APs are only single band and can’t wireless uplink. You’d need a uap ac lite if you want to wireless uplink.

Associate

Had the same problem, LR wouldn't be reliable to use in the garden. So installed a AP-AP-Mesh underneath the eves.

Soldato
I have tried a cheap signal extender, but that wasnt any good because devices just wouldn't work when connected to it, so Ive sent that back and trying the £60 tp-link extender now, but im still not holding much hope for it, but you never know.

Soldato
Hey guys what are the "locate" and "upgrade" links for?

5p4osm.jpg

Soldato
Locate I think sets the light flashing on the AP so if you have hundreds you can visually see it when trying to track it down. “Upgrade” upgrades the firmware.

Soldato
I have just updated mine now, thanks. What I dont understand is, on the main screen the client signal strength is much lower to what the side panel says..... Why's this?

24pl7uv.jpg

Soldato
The DHCP server could do with some work.

Is it possible to view current leases without having to ssh the USG?

I know you can view guests / clients but that shows everything, a drop down to just show dhcp clients would be nice.

Soldato
I let my router manage the DHCP. I use the unifi just to take over the wifi from the router, as the router is in the wrong part of the house to cover it all.

Soldato
I received the tp-link re45 extender today and its working great so far. In the garden has more or less full signal now. But now most of the devices now are connected to the tp link and not the unifi only, Im guessing the unifi is much better quality then the tp link, so if all or most of the devices are going though the tp link, the tp link wont last very long?

I was hoping that most of the devices would still use the unifi only and the tp link would come in to play when devices are in the garden, but it doesnt seem that its working that way.. Anyway at least its working so far, touch wood:eek:

Soldato
Well I have moved the tp-link slightly further away from the unifi (only about a meter or so) and now its only connecting to 1-3 devices at once instead of about 5-6 inside the house. I have turned off the dhcp server from the tp-link, but it still tries to connect to it every hr and fails.

rc7fc0.jpg

I dont know if this is the best way to setup the tplink or not, but I have it connected to the unifi using 5ghz only, then the devices use either 2.4/5ghz to connect to the tplink?

1zvzytu.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
So, my network is in and finished! Only a couple of issues really, two connections flick between 10/100 and gigabit. They test fine using both a network cable tester and a TDR, so it doesn't seem there is anything wrong with the cables, I've reterminated both to no avail. The ports look ok on the unifi dashboard, anything else I can check? One of the cables doesn't really matter, I mean its a bit annoying but its a spare for our second WAP, but one I do ideally want gigabit speed down it as its for a camera.

Soldato
Is it definitely falling back to 100Mbps? I've seen the controller lie about port speeds on several occasions (I thinks my printer which only has a 10/100 interface is running at 1000). Assuming you have a Unifi switch, ssh into the switch and then issue the following commands:

telnet localhost
enable
show interfaces status x/x where x/x is the slot and port the AP is connected to. OR issue 'show interfaces status all' to see all the ports.

In my case, I see the following:

Code:
Studyswitch-US.v3.9.40# telnet localhost

Entering character mode
Escape character is '^]'.

Warning!
The changes may break controller settings and only be effective until reboot.

(UBNT) >enable

(UBNT) #show interfaces status 0/5

Link    Physical    Physical    Media               Flow Control
Port       Name                          State   Mode        Status      Type                Status
---------  ----------------------------  ------  ----------  ----------  ------------------  ------------
0/5        Study AP-AC-LR                Up      Auto        1000 Full   Unknown             Inactive

Flow Control:Disabled

(UBNT) #

Here I always saw the real port speed, so the printer showed as 100/full whilst it showed 1000/full in teh UniFi controller.

Caporegime
Is it definitely falling back to 100Mbps? I've seen the controller lie about port speeds on several occasions (I thinks my printer which only has a 10/100 interface is running at 1000). Assuming you have a Unifi switch, ssh into the switch and then issue the following commands:
It was reporting as 10/100 in windows on the machine on the other end, and the port led colours. Thanks for the information, I'll try then when I get home!

Back
Top Bottom