*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Associate
Nice super tigers !

Can’t find a uk release date so tempted to go the eu store

I ordered off the Unifi EU store, the box shipped from Prague, Czechia - it shipped with UPS trackable courier service so you can track your parcel's journey. Took 5 working days, it was sat at Frankfurt airport for 2 days waiting for a flight to London!!

Associate
Has anybody got the UDM going with BT Infinity, I’ve set my Netgear D7000v2 to modem only mode and during setup of the UDM specified WAN as PPPoE [email protected] / bt but it can’t get a connection. Anything I’m missing or know where I can look on the UDM for PPPoE logs?

Associate
Has anybody got the UDM going with BT Infinity, I’ve set my Netgear D7000v2 to modem only mode and during setup of the UDM specified WAN as PPPoE [email protected] / bt but it can’t get a connection. Anything I’m missing or know where I can look on the UDM for PPPoE logs?

You can SSH into the UDM , use root as username and then use your login password as the SSH password and this will let you in. Help brings up a list of commands available, sadly /var/log/messages brings up a permission denied message.

Caporegime
Can you get connected if you plug your PC straight into the Netgear and dial a PPPoE connection through it? At least then you know which bit of kit to look at.

Associate
Can you get connected if you plug your PC straight into the Netgear and dial a PPPoE connection through it? At least then you know which bit of kit to look at.
Thanks I’ll give that a shot tonight and see if I get any further.

You can SSH into the UDM , use root as username and then use your login password as the SSH password and this will let you in. Help brings up a list of commands available, sadly /var/log/messages brings up a permission denied message.
I’m able to tail /var/log/messages as root however I’m not setting any ppp logs. Will have a hunt around again tonight and see if I’ve missed something.

Associate
Thanks for the hint, even under windows i'm getting errors when i create a new dial up connection directly wired into the modem. Looks like it's time to get a Vigor 130 or an OpenReach one if they are still recommended.
Gone for the Vigor 130 :)

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the hint, even under windows i'm getting errors when i create a new dial up connection directly wired into the modem. Looks like it's time to get a Vigor 130 or an OpenReach one if they are still recommended.

Does BT Broadband internet require you to have PPPoe to connect on VLAN ID 101? Had a quick look on line and it seems to be needed?

Associate
I had hoped that would fix it. What type of connector does your BT infinty connection use into the Modem? Is it an RJ45 connector?
Standard telephone modem cable rj11 I believe then rj45 to the router. Can’t see may people online using the d7000 as a modem only, best guess is something was broken in a firmware update. Will test tomorrow / Friday once the Vigor arrives.

Soldato

Just to let you know I recieved this yesterday and it works with the in-wall, Im glad as that would have been a tenner wasted..

Eh? It wants 48v which is totally standard for PoE. Some Ubiquiti uses 24v passive PoE but that's by no means a widely used standard so 40v 802.3af/at would be my preference.

48v sounds a tad extreme to run a ap thats all

Back
Top Bottom