*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Well going to move from my ASU’s Zen Wi-Fi to Unifi. Ordered Wi-Fi-6 Pro access point just have to keep checking the website to see about UDM Pro-SE or Dream router becomes available. Can’t wait for better stability from my Wi-Fi

If it's just the Wi-Fi that needs improving, why not save some £ and not get a UDMP/UDR? You don't need one to be able to use UniFi AP's.

Soldato
While you're waiting for the other kit, you could always deploy the AP on its own using a software controller to configure it and just disabling the Wifi on your existing router.

You would need a PoE switch or injector to power it though.

Associate
While you're waiting for the other kit, you could always deploy the AP on its own using a software controller to configure it and just disabling the Wifi on your existing router.

You would need a PoE switch or injector to power it though.
True might look at that first, I have a home server always running. See what’s deals come out on a UDM-Pro just grab a Poe injector ready for when it arrives

Soldato
Well going to move from my ASU’s Zen Wi-Fi to Unifi. Ordered Wi-Fi-6 Pro access point just have to keep checking the website to see about UDM Pro-SE or Dream router becomes available. Can’t wait for better stability from my Wi-Fi

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to buy an Early Access (EA) router. Far better to wait unitil they go General Access (GA). I would never use an EA device anywhere I wanted 'stability'. If you read the terms and conditions of purchase, should they decide not to go ahead with that line of device they can quite literally just stop supporting them. You can't sell them, you can't even give them away. If you want stable buy another manufacturer router (Synology, QNAP or Cisco) or brew your own hardware and run pfSense or Untangle on it. You'll be a lot happier long term.

Soldato
Cheeky sods, I bet this is BS. Although based on what @WJA96 said above about their routers, perhaps I dodged a bullet with the Dream Router.

Dear UI customer,

We are very sorry to inform you that your order of UDR-EU-EA had to be canceled. Due to an internal error the item appeared as available even though there is no stock unfortunately.

We would like to offer you a 15% discount code as an apology for this inconvenience: XXXXXX

We will issue a refund as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
Ubiquiti EU Store Team

Permabanned
Aight, finally got Gig speeds. Virgin Hub 4 in modem mode and the UDR will not do more than around 700 mbs throughput. Which is plenty but if I connect directly to the Hub 4 in router mode it gets 950.

UDR is a decent bit of kit for the early access price but the CPU(I think) is holding it back from being an excellent bit of kit.

Enabling smart queues drops the speed test to about 400. :)

Will probably look to upgrade in the new year to something else or try reverting to old Linksys using openwrt.....

Soldato
Why would it be BS, I'm not sure they just throw around 15% off vouchers for the sake of it?

Looks like the product may go GA, so why sell it at the Early Access price when you could sell it for more?

I dunno if the code is tied to my account, but I may offer it out here when I’ve decided what to do about a new router. This TalkTalk Huawei unit is a bag of poo.

Soldato
Aight, finally got Gig speeds. Virgin Hub 4 in modem mode and the UDR will not do more than around 700 mbs throughput. Which is plenty but if I connect directly to the Hub 4 in router mode it gets 950.

UDR is a decent bit of kit for the early access price but the CPU(I think) is holding it back from being an excellent bit of kit.

Enabling smart queues drops the speed test to about 400. :)

Will probably look to upgrade in the new year to something else or try reverting to old Linksys using openwrt.....

is that with anything else enabled? I think even an old USG would do 1gig without any bells and whistles enabled.

Associate
Looks like the product may go GA, so why sell it at the Early Access price when you could sell it for more?

I dunno if the code is tied to my account, but I may offer it out here when I’ve decided what to do about a new router. This TalkTalk Huawei unit is a bag of poo.

If it goes GA at a higher price I would try just asking to get it at the EA price as they cancelled the order for sake of an email would be worth a try

Last edited:
Permabanned
is that with anything else enabled? I think even an old USG would do 1gig without any bells and whistles enabled.

Nothing enabled for the 700mb, not even pron filter. Going to turn on a few things and see how it gets on.

The whole.package is decent enough for the price but it's not enthusiast level for me. I don't know if firmware will improve but seems unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom