*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
If anyone else here is using the beta versions of the controller and firmware then they've released v5.6.4 of the controller, v3.7.57.6367 for the APs & switches and v4.3.41 for the USG.

I'm using the most recent versions of them all and things are running well. On previous AP firmware I was having loads of problems with iOS devices not getting an IP address but no such problems now.

Associate
If anyone else here is using the beta versions of the controller and firmware then they've released v5.6.4 of the controller, v3.7.57.6367 for the APs & switches and v4.3.41 for the USG.

I'm using the most recent versions of them all and things are running well. On previous AP firmware I was having loads of problems with iOS devices not getting an IP address but no such problems now.

Did the iOS devices lose their IP address or never get one, the wife has an iPad pro and it's lost the IP a couple of times, restarting the ipad Wi-Fi fixed it though?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour

This is interesting - I've not had the problem with my AC-Lite, but I have been having the problem with my iOS device on a number of other networks (notably Cisco products and thought it was my phone). Perhaps it's an iOS issue, I only updated that the other week.

Soldato
Did the iOS devices lose their IP address or never get one, the wife has an iPad pro and it's lost the IP a couple of times, restarting the ipad Wi-Fi fixed it though?

Hard to say. Sometimes there would be no problems and other times it'd mess about something chronic. Timing was random, it wasn't as easy as saying the DHCP offer wasn't received or it was an issue when the DHCP lease was due to be renewed. It made listening to stuff on my Sonos impossible as at random intervals it would stop and upon checking the wifi connection it would show a link-local IP address.

There's been loads of complaints on the Ubnt forums about it. I tried various development versions of the firmware and gave the Ubnt guys access to my controller. The most recent firmware seems to have sorted it for me.

Soldato
This is interesting - I've not had the problem with my AC-Lite, but I have been having the problem with my iOS device on a number of other networks (notably Cisco products and thought it was my phone). Perhaps it's an iOS issue, I only updated that the other week.

It's possibly an iOS issue. Apparently it can happen if you've used a load of wireless networks in the past as the phone stores the credentials for them all. I was asked to reset my network settings to delete all the previous wireless networks but that made no difference.

Associate
Hard to say. Sometimes there would be no problems and other times it'd mess about something chronic. Timing was random, it wasn't as easy as saying the DHCP offer wasn't received or it was an issue when the DHCP lease was due to be renewed. It made listening to stuff on my Sonos impossible as at random intervals it would stop and upon checking the wifi connection it would show a link-local IP address.

There's been loads of complaints on the Ubnt forums about it. I tried various development versions of the firmware and gave the Ubnt guys access to my controller. The most recent firmware seems to have sorted it for me.

Thanks, she has an iPhone as well and that has no problems, I think this is a ipad issue and it's s simple fix.

Man of Honour
My ISP is changing on Monday from Zen to PN.

I have a Vigor 130 and an ER-L.

Where do I change the ISP details? I thought it was on the router but I can't find the section.

Soldato
My ISP is changing on Monday from Zen to PN.

I have a Vigor 130 and an ER-L.

Where do I change the ISP details? I thought it was on the router but I can't find the section.

You put it into the USG.

From anywhere on your network (with the USG connected) type https://setup.ubnt.com or 192.168.1.1 or whatever the IP of your USG is.

And enter your ISP details.

Soldato
Did you go to the setup.ubnt.com link?

It's a wizard. If you have a fixed IP address from your ISP, enter that, or choose PPPoE for most UK connections.

You then enter your user name and password and they are used to authenticate through the Vigor 130 and that's it.

It's not done through the Unifi controller. You have to go directly into the USG.

Sorry - I've just spotted you're using the ER-L.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom