*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

Soldato
This is getting beyond a joke now, I've been patient so far but this is really pushing my limit.

They don't even have the servers to cope with demand with a server cap of 1000 and an estimated 200k people waiting to get in ...

They are trickling new people in so that they don't wreck the servers, how long will it take to trickle 200k people in?!

I'm now starting to think ahead to the head start, can they be sure that it's going to work then even though there will be less people I have absolutely no confidence in GOA

Soldato
Shaz]sigh[;12460336 said:
Think I entered the key around 3.30, no email yet. Anyone in the same boat?

Once you input the key you're ready to go. You only get an e-mail to activate the actual account. Well that's what happened last night for me.

Associate
My farcical timeline:

Sunday 9:30 setup account wait on verification
Monday 12:00 Get Verification email but link does not work.
Monday 2pm Try ading my beta key via add code link, all goes well

As we speak cannot log into either my account or the game. Get various error messages that mean nothing, even the good old "you already logged it".

Total Joke, can I trust these people with a monthly sub? So far I am highly doubting it...

Soldato
This is getting beyond a joke now, I've been patient so far but this is really pushing my limit.

They don't even have the servers to cope with demand with a server cap of 1000 and an estimated 200k people waiting to get in ...

They are trickling new people in so that they don't wreck the servers, how long will it take to trickle 200k people in?!

I'm now starting to think ahead to the head start, can they be sure that it's going to work then even though there will be less people I have absolutely no confidence in GOA

Tell you what though if they do **** up head start that really will start riots.
tbh if they mess the head start up and i dont get my 4 days i will move straight over to the US servers.
Or just give up all together tbh

Associate
quite frankly...sod it.
i had not pre ordered the game as i was unsure whether i liked the look of the gameplay, so when they announced a free open beta i was ecstatic, i could try it out for free for a week, brilliant. but after trying over 100 times to register yesterday for over 14 hours i finally got to the stage where they sent an email, got the email within an hour :o and clicked the link and im validated...but that doesnt mean i cna log in to the site or the game, i cant enter my beta code, it wont let me, and it seems even if i did id have to wait till after the beta in a queue to get on a server? no thanks.
after this horrific handling of what was supposed to be my trial of the game iv given my open beta key to a friend who has pre ordered it but didnt get an auto open beta invite (that is also stupid, hes paid but dusnt get to play? gg goa).
So he can have the open beta and i wont be giving a penny to the warhammer developers, as frankly, they dont deserve any of my money.
Time to turn my WoW month trial into a paying account.

Commissario
I was thinking about this earlier, and it occurred to me it's almost as bad as when UO had their Age of Shadows launch with the Malas area opening up (new housing), except this time I wasn't stupid enough to stay up all night for the server up, and so far it's only been a day...(IIRC UO was practically unplayable for about 3-4 days).

Soldato
Cool its working,
Esuoh - DoK on Karag Dorn

First annoying thing, Mouse doesnt lock to the game window, a pet hate of mine as I dual screen.

Other than that lets see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom