*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

Soldato
Just got home but I cba with the game anymore. I've seen what GOA are like in the past and all of the recent incidents have proved they have learnt sod all tbh. I'm pursuing a refund via EA Store. If I can't get that then anyone is welcome to get in touch to purchase my key.

Associate
I don't understand their system. Some people get their key validated almost immediately while some have been waiting since yesterday. I've been waiting 3 hours for the email since using the new code page. What did they say? That you would have an email within an hour? What a joke.

Associate
i get stuck at the mythic patcher stage, it doesnt like my login.

whats going to be really amusing is when, after all this, loads of people start posting how bad this game is.

'omfg waited 48 hours to play this cack?!' etc

Associate
i get stuck at the mythic patcher stage, it doesnt like my login.

whats going to be really amusing is when, after all this, loads of people start posting how bad this game is.

'omfg waited 48 hours to play this cack?!' etc

So you are absolutely sure it will be bad? The whole content cut thing really doesn't help in terms of getting me all hyped up for this, but who knows - it might be great :)

Associate
And they said the AOC launch was a joke :) Before anyone says, i know this isnt officially the launch, but just reading through these posts I cant help but laugh at all the people in the AOC forums that said they where quitting because of funcoms crappy launch and that they were all moving to War.

Man of Honour
Well greatness is a personal term of course...some really will think WAR is cack, I think its by far and away the best MMO I've played for a few years, but not everyone will think that of course.

Soldato
I don't understand their system. Some people get their key validated almost immediately while some have been waiting since yesterday. I've been waiting 3 hours for the email since using the new code page. What did they say? That you would have an email within an hour? What a joke.

People being accepted and playing game 15 minutes after having the key accepted I have two account both had the key accepted as soon as the new system launched havent received anything.

Associate
And they said the AOC launch was a joke :) Before anyone says, i know this isnt officially the launch, but just reading through these posts I cant help but laugh at all the people in the AOC forums that said they where quitting because of funcoms crappy launch and that they were all moving to War.

Haha it's very true, this does seem like a deja vu, only a couple of months since similar problems with AoC.

Associate
Just got home but I cba with the game anymore. I've seen what GOA are like in the past and all of the recent incidents have proved they have learnt sod all tbh. I'm pursuing a refund via EA Store. If I can't get that then anyone is welcome to get in touch to purchase my key.
I too have requested a refund from D2D. A beta works both ways: for them to test their servers and for us to test their performance. It is clear to see that they don't make the grade and I do not want to play on the European servers if this is the way they run things.

If I get a refund I may try the US servers.

Soldato

Yeah been waiting over an hour now. Trouble is not sure if I successfully authenticated the account yesterday and if I try to again I get error 711 your account has been suspended and blocked. I also set-up a 2nd account yesterday not knowing the other had gone through, when I try to authenticate that I get error 303.

We should make a definitive list of all these error codes...

Associate
Yer sure its been a crappy OB so far, been playin some pyro in tf2 to relieve stress :) , but what can we do about it ? . I'am wanting to play as much as the next man but i'am just going to chill and if i get a chance to play a bit during the week thats a bonus.

Associate
Don't fear guys come join the US BETA :D

Me and my friends have got US beta keys from http://war.warcry.com/

Very quick and painless we got the keys instantly and signed up in no time /hiss @ GOA

*Admittedly I was already in the US beta and just copied and pasted the client off an external HD to my mates PC's but still IMO its worth getting the US client anyway as you get to play today, there are loads of servers and you have the US client just in case you decied to get a US copy*

Ham

Ham

Associate
I'm not that fussed about the Open Beta issues. Yes, I have been looking forward to this game for a long time, but a few more days won't hurt.
These things happen (although they shouldn't, certainly not on a game with such a high profile) and with a bit of luck this has given GOA the kick up the arse needed to ensure every part of their system is flawless when release comes around.
Though one really annoying thing for me is the severe lack of communication between GOA and it's customers. Their posts in response to problems always arrive incredibly late and lack information and ETAs.
And i'm not sure if it's just me, but IainC from Mythic always comes across as being an arrogant git.

Sorry for the rant.

One more thing - have been waiting for my confirmation email for almost 4 hours, a far cry from the 'about an hour' as posted by GOA earlier. Oh, and i received my account creation email after 26 hours of waiting (that is the account which I didn't actually have to create as I already had applied to Closed Beta, if only someone had told us that before!). Let's hope this isn't the shape of things to come.

See you in beta(?)!

Soldato
So, ive activated my account, just entered my beta key using the page they made. Now i wait for another email ? because i can't login as it stands now

Associate
I really hope they learn lessons from this and the retail launch goes more smoothly.

If the retail goes the same way as the beta I will be very miffed!

Soldato
so nearly 2 days of my garenteed Open Beta spot gone through no fault of my own except watching their website like a hawk and my email account like a falcon.
I have to say im really quite annoyed.... if its not sorted 2moz im buying US client

Back
Top Bottom