*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

Impressive trailer, yet again nothing like the real game.

WoW zerg yoyo combat all over again, with a mediocre combat system with novelties at best. RvR sounds great theory, but that's all it comes down to.

Giving this one a miss, yawn-feast.

Most public quests are awesome though, when there's anyone about.

How long have you been in the beta?

Yeah I didn't expect them to be used yet just wondered if they had mentioned they would be allowing them, I just liked having my UI mininal in wow with just the basics.

They are allow UI Addons written in LUA like Warcraft had, in terms of other addons though like Auctioneer etc I don't know.

I think the zergage in the beta was party due to the fact people wanted to test out there class and get into some instant action so all roads lead to Praag.

That is a good trailer, I like all the little details like the Bright Wizard appears to be made of fire, and the laughing Goblin gets shot with the arrow. Although one problem, would the Orks team up with chaos? that doesnt seem right to me.

Last edited:
1. Pre-Order the Collector’s edition of the game and receive a code to join the Open Beta. For more information, visit the WAR Pre-Order page.

2. Starting the first week of September, visit the EA Store to sign up for one of the limited number of spots offered by them. This is on a first come, first serve basis.

i thought the normal edition i brought from direct2drive would include this apparently not.

Taken from our guild forum:

Im curretnly working on a server alliance with some of the old daoc players from Excalibur/Prydwen

So far thesse guilds are joining the server alliance:

White Rose
IGNIS
Aesirs Blade (jack Herrer, Achtung Baby)
Cult of the Dead Dragon
Dreadwing
Black Company
Red Guard
BokkeRijders
Sign of the Hammer
Invadoria
Chilled out Wargamers
Herfolge Boldklub
Mystical Awakening
The Ministry
<Groove>
Nolby Pride
Wasted Talent (Royal Bavarians + Mastade crew)
Dem Hibbies
The Dark Alliance
The Brotherhood
Chicanos
Avengers of Pendragon
Shadowlords Society (O)
Vengeance
Celtic Fist

They are allow UI Addons written in LUA like Warcraft had, in terms of other addons though like Auctioneer etc I don't know.

they said no addons that give a benefit that give people an advantage. i would imagine auctioneer would be fine but things that give u more info in combat would be a no no

1. Pre-Order the Collector’s edition of the game and receive a code to join the Open Beta. For more information, visit the WAR Pre-Order page.

2. Starting the first week of September, visit the EA Store to sign up for one of the limited number of spots offered by them. This is on a first come, first serve basis.

i thought the normal edition i brought from direct2drive would include this apparently not.

u might get a code but CE get priority and should be garunteed access regular pre orders arent garunteed anything

Great updates guys, getting so much more info on this forum than most of the others. Couple of questions:

Do you have to be a specific level to create a Guild and how long does it take to get the in game funds required?

What's the difference between the server types?

Great updates guys, getting so much more info on this forum than most of the others. Couple of questions:

Do you have to be a specific level to create a Guild and how long does it take to get the in game funds required?

You can be any level to create a guild, but you need a full group and they all must be standing with you at the registrar. It used to cost 1g to make a guild, then they moved it to 50s for guild beta, so i'm not sure if it's staying at that price for retail.
The first few levels money is sparce, but you can easily make 50s between 6 people and get a guild up and running within a few hours of starting.

What's the difference between the server types?

Core seems to be how the game was meant to be played. T1 zones are predominatly PvE with PvP areas (auto flag + bolster buff).
As you move up the tiers PvE only areas drop off and the PvP areas get bigger, until you hit T4 which is predominantly PvP.

The open servers seems to be that you'll be flagged for PvP all of the time. The issue with this is that once you outlevel a tier, if you return to that tier, being autoflagged means being chickened throughout the entire teir. So at 40 you're as good as confined to the T4 zones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom